8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: Derann Peter Pan Feature (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Wanted: Derann Peter Pan Feature
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 05, 2016 07:57 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I am avidly still seeking the Derann 3x 600ft Feature of Peter Pan. preferably in original boxes if possible.

Must be in extremely good condition please with minimal (if any) noticeable wear. No emulsion scratches please.

Best price paid for a print in top condition throughout.

Thank You. [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2016 12:53 PM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good look Andy hope you get one just waiting for my copy of the aristocats hope it don't get lost in the post I would hate that

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 05, 2016 01:16 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Well done mate! Glad to hear you finally got one.
It'll come mate, no doubt. Just give it time.
Alessandro is a great bloke, so no problem here Kevin I would have thought.

--------------------

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2016 01:29 PM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alessandro is a good guy I know Andy he has sent me messages reassuring me

Peter Scott
Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2016 02:50 AM      Profile for Peter Scott     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I picked up a print of Derann's Pater pan at Ealing last weekend, its in fantastic condition, you certainly get some bargains at the film conventions

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2016 04:12 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you cant beat the film conventions for all your needs you can see before you buy

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2016 08:04 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Andy shame you wasn't at the convention [Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 06, 2016 02:57 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it's a real strange one this. Almost everyone I have spoken to and seen reports from regarding the recent Ealing event, said there really weren't any later quality prints on any of the gauges to be found.

Yet it seems, just like the last convention, if I'm seeking a print of something, guess what?

There was one there and it was in in superb condition!
What's the chances eh?
All those twenty something Derann Disney feature releases, and the one I'm looking for, from only two, just happened to be there and no doubt for around £80!

Must make sure I never miss another, who knows someone will be telling me I may have just missed out on WFRR still wrapped in cellophane! [Smile]

[ April 06, 2016, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2016 03:09 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeh I bought a copy of close encounters the feature film, for a tenner, can't imagine how all those collectors missed it.

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2016 03:25 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] That's pretty much how I feel - with the exception of a £300 print of Gone With The Wind I saw almost nothing of value feature-wise, and I was there at 9:45!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 06, 2016 03:51 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I had read that thank you Stuart. Yours and many other members of our forums comments who attended.
That of course includes the comments of the legendary Bill Parsons who was in attendance I believe.

It was such a shame Ian was not able to make it for this one. I'm sure, if he had, things would have been a little more favourable for those like Stuart who attended and were looking for some quality Super 8mm prints at bargain prices or even Super 8mm prints, not at bargain prices.

--------------------

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2016 04:44 PM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its a shame because people can see what prints certain people are after and they know you would give them the money back so they wouldn't lose out .A guy was after reel three of the wizard of Oz for ages and I noticed it at deranns open day and I bought it and got in contact with him through Facebook and he couldn't thank me enough

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 06, 2016 04:58 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
That's the way to do it Kevin! [Wink]

--------------------

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2016 07:36 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I did see that GWTW print from Tony Reypart but didnt really see much else Derann feature wise. Also didnt see any Derann 600 footers like we used to see all the time. Still a great event though.

Graham S

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 06, 2016 11:42 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes thanks Graham, for your account of things regarding this recent event.
So G.W.T.T.W. from Tony, which now incidentally looks like it too, is now on e bay, but no Derann superb condition Peter Pan seen by you either????

Maybe it was in a different section in the sales library then this one?
Perhaps even a "white box special"?? Seeing as the one Peter purchased was a film by Derann entitled "Pater Pan"?

Who knows?

I guess it will all just remain a mystery to all those who attended???

--------------------

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2016 01:28 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definately did not see peter pan but did not arrive until 10:30

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 07, 2016 05:32 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
So we shall keep trying with this one then;

I am avidly still seeking the Derann 3x 600ft Feature of Peter Pan. preferably in original boxes if possible.

Must be in extremely good condition please with minimal (if any) noticeable wear. No emulsion scratches please.

Best price paid for a print in top condition throughout.

Thank You. [Smile]

--------------------

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2016 09:06 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, there was a Derann Peter Pan listed in the sales list for subscribers of the Reel Image. I received the sales list a week ago, so it may still be available. I would contact Steve Osborne to see if it`s still available.

Daniel Macarone
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2016 09:35 PM      Profile for Daniel Macarone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, I know that's a shame when you miss out on a print you're seeking. I'll look out for the Derann Peter Pan for you and if I find one in excellent condition like you want, I'll snatch it for you and then get in contact with you. Just curious, do you already have any odd reels of that feature?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 08, 2016 07:50 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Jason, I was already aware of the one Steve has from a kind "heads up" with this one from a collecting friend of ours. Sadly it wasn't to be in this particular case, but I thank you sincerely for the heads up! [Wink]

Daniel, that is superb thank you and the money awaits instantly here for the right print. The longest anyone would wait for a reply/ transaction from me regarding this, would be only 12 hours so thanks again for your incredibly generous offer there Daniel! [Smile]

I currently do not have any individual parts either yet of this feature, so even mint versions of these, I would be interested in purely for spare parts purposes for this film.

--------------------

Miguel Gimenez
Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2016 02:16 AM      Profile for Miguel Gimenez   Email Miguel Gimenez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, I just wanted to say, that I have posted a request for this movie in a super 8 forum in Spain. As soon as I found someone offering it, I'll contact with you.

I sweep regularly the french and spanish second hand internet places for it, too.

Let's see if we have good luck.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 09, 2016 02:21 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Miguel,that is very kind of you.😊
I am appreciative to all those here who have offered their help to track down one of these prints here for me!

A big big thank you to all!😊😊

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 11, 2016 05:55 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Still searching for a top condition print of this title.

Any help in finding one would be greatly appreciated here.

--------------------

Daniel Macarone
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2016 08:35 PM      Profile for Daniel Macarone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, you're in luck. I just saw the auction on ebay. There it is, the Derann feature and it ships worldwide. Looks like it's not in mint condition, but very good and in original box. You might find odd reels for it someday, so I wouldn't turn it down if I were you. Good luck bidding.

-Daniel

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peter-Pan-Super-8-Derann-Feature-Disney-/182089777237?hash=item2a65658055:g:ZdgAAOSw-RRXC~w4#shpCntId

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 12, 2016 04:37 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you kindly Daniel, I shall give it a good coat of looking at thank you! [Wink]

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC