8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: It's A Wonderful Life

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: It's A Wonderful Life
Dave Ruth
Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2016 11:10 AM      Profile for Dave Ruth   Email Dave Ruth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM me if you have any information! From what I have read a bunch of the IAWL prints were really poor. Are there certain releases that are better than others?

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 29, 2016 11:34 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wait Dave ... watch ebay, as people who want to sell "IAWL" always tend to haul out they're prints for sale at this time. Expect to pay anywhere between 50.00 to 150.00 for the title, depending on the interest at the time. It was a "Niles" print from my memory but a pretty good Niles print.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 29, 2016 01:13 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had one Dave and without knowing from memory now, what release it was, all I can say is I sent it back to the dealer I purchased it from.

It was ok in the best parts, but on some parts, it appeared to have a grading fault, and was subsequently very very dark as a projected image, even with a very bright lamp behind it.

It's a film I too would love to find another print of on Super 8mm one day, but it would have to be an excellent print in every aspect including condition.

It is a fantastic seasonal classic that most certainly, most collectors would desire among their collections.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 29, 2016 08:08 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely a holiday classic film. I treasure my very good copy in 16mm. I couldn't find it in Super 8...but with the holidays looming Ebay might have just what you are looking for. I hope you get it Dave. [Smile]

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC