8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Eumig S940 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Eumig S940
David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2006 03:00 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave
the 940 was £400 and the 938 £300. I recently got hold of a 938 on e bay very cheap(£39) and after spending £40 on a service,have a very nice machine,still at a very good price.
The sound from these is the best ive heard from super 8,though im told the heads are soft and dont last long. Time will tell!

David.

|  IP: Logged

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2006 04:58 PM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks David.
Bit surprised at £400. I know it was 25 years ago but for a stereo machine I would have expected more.
Ps for future reference, can you let me know who serviced your machine? (was this the one with the extended arms?
Thanks,
Dave

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted April 29, 2006 08:47 AM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,
Ive loads of old movie maker mags and can confirm £400 for the 940.Eumig always gave good value!
The service was undertaken by John Wright,phone 020 8204 8434.He replaced various parts including the entire gate assembly ,and did a very good job,all for £40.
Yes it was the machine on e bay that hab reel extensions fitted,which i have removed.

David.

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 29, 2008 09:22 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, just a note to say I'm new here but not new to cine and AV by any means. I bought a eumig 938 from eBay and can confirm it's a great machine. The 150w lamp makes a difference. For the record I'm using 'Greasil' silicone grease but no long term experience of that yet.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 29, 2008 05:45 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steven,

Welcome to the Forum! So, what films have you threaded up recently on your 938?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 29, 2008 08:22 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, eBay has started my cine hobby up again after a few years of stuff sitting on the shelf. I've been running reels of scope trailers I collected in the '90s, Ben Hur, Mutiny on the Bounty, Planet of the Apes - I think these were Derann releases. I'm partial to horror movies too so I've been seeing cut-downs of Frankenstein and The Bodysnatchers, that other great Karloff movie. Never had a stereo Super 8 machine before so I don't have stereo films yet.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC