8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » wanted for ricoh auto 8p trioscope (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: wanted for ricoh auto 8p trioscope
Phil Brook
Junior

- posted November 23, 2012 11:36 AM      Profile for Phil Brook   Email Phil Brook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All, I've just been given a Ricoh Trioscope (Same as mentioned above) and it has the horrible mess of a drive wheel. Not too bad to fix. I took the wheel off, sliced the remaining rubber off and then made a marine ply rim with a groove in to take a fat 'O' ring.
I used two hole saws to make the rim. A 51mm to make the outside then a 38mm to take the middle out. With a bit of a sand back the wheel was able to be pressed into the ply wood with out splitting it (3 attempts). I then put a bolt through the wheel so I could lock it in the chuck of my drill, then sanded the edge smooth before using a round wood file to put a grove in it to take the 'O' ring.
The mechanical bits all seem to work now.. just need a lamp... Blimey, they're exensive [Smile]
Not sure why I'm bothering as I have no films.. guess I just like messing with stuff [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Tahir Nadeem
Junior

- posted February 21, 2013 10:22 AM      Profile for Tahir Nadeem   Author's Homepage   Email Tahir Nadeem   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Janice
I also have a Richo like the one as shown in the picture. I guess that you have a manual for this projector. I will be obliged if you could send me a copy at tnmaj@yahoo.com
Thank you.
Tahir

--------------------
It seems nice forum

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 21, 2013 05:51 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sent you an email Tahir.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Adrian Croxson
Junior

- posted February 23, 2013 12:42 AM      Profile for Adrian Croxson   Email Adrian Croxson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there!
I have pulled out my Ricoh auto 8p trioscope from it's original box where it has been sitting for the past 10-15years or so.And miracle of miracles it still works [Smile] , although it got a bit HOT. so I turned it off and took off the cover over the lamp. My drive wheel was not black, but a golden yellow/brown color( presume this means it's good and I'm lucky.
Does anyone have any ideas on what I need to do to service the projector. I bought a high pressure air duster and intend to blow out any rubbish. Also is it alright to put a drop of multipurpose lubricating oil on some parts. (of course not on the sprockets or near any of the film path ways. [Confused]
Also sending a message to Janice glesser for a manual copy, if she still has one.
kind regards to all.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC