8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Wanted: Eumig Regular 8 aperture plate

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Eumig Regular 8 aperture plate
John Hermes
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2009 06:20 PM      Profile for John Hermes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, everyone. I recently picked up a Eumig S-802D projector, which works well. However, it is missing the Regular 8 aperture plate (what they call a "film track" in the user manual). Does anyone have an extra one they would like to sell? Thanks.
johnphermes@aol.com

--------------------
John Hermes

|  IP: Logged

Martyn Stevens
Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2009 11:39 AM      Profile for Martyn Stevens   Author's Homepage   Email Martyn Stevens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,
I have some Eumig gate parts lying about. Do you have a pic so I can see more clearly what you want?
Martyn Stevens

John Hermes
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2009 09:04 PM      Profile for John Hermes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a picture of the super 8 plate. I think the regular 8 one would be similar, with maybe a lip on the bottom to get the film going into the regular 8 threading path. It might have an "R" on the side, the way this one has an "S". Thanks.

http://missmarymack2003.eaph.com/share/videojohn/Eumigplate.jpg

--------------------
John Hermes

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2009 01:28 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John if it is the same plate as the 824 D (which I believe it is)I have one I can send you from California, and yes the Reg 8 has the extra little slide for the sound sync difference.

NOW who wants to hand over a plate for a Heurtier Stereo 42?
email me at aytab at aol dot com and give me your address and I'll drop it in the mail for you.

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

John Hermes
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2009 10:49 PM      Profile for John Hermes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Dino. I sent you an email. I appreciate the help.

--------------------
John Hermes

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2009 11:15 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad that you found a replacement plate.

I am also interested to hear how it works out for you?

best,
Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

John Hermes
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2009 01:41 PM      Profile for John Hermes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received the regular 8 plate today and would like to thank Dino for sending it. It works great! I picked up a Mr. Magoo regular 8 sound film on eBay recently and it plays very nicely. It is quite an ingenious method Eumig used to play both super 8 and regular 8 sound films. I had a Eumig 710D model back in the 1970s but never used regular 8 sound film with it. Thanks again to Dino.

[ February 24, 2009, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: John Hermes ]

--------------------
John Hermes

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 25, 2009 01:47 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My pleasure John and as i said we are enough of a dying breed that I'd rather all work together and help each other out. Hope you have lots of fun. I have a couple of Eumigs and they are good sound projectors.

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2009 01:27 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John got the letter....thanks but it wasn't necessary, hope you have fun with the projector...

--------------------

Terry Furlough
Junior

- posted December 09, 2010 07:01 PM      Profile for Terry Furlough     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there an international conspiracy to misplace these things/ I need the same thing "plate" "gate" "Guide" whatever you prefer to call it.. just for my Mark-s-709.. only piece missing,, and my question is.. Super 8 is kinda greyish.. and Reg 8 is black.. I have the thicker half.. the one closest to the lens.. but I'm missing the smaller (Left) half .. if anyone has one for sale please let me know.. it's all that i'm missing from my mark-s-709.
I have all of the Super 8 (Grey) and I need the Standard 8 (Black)... Thanks

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC