8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Elmo 16-AL price

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo 16-AL price
Graeme Kerr
Junior

- posted August 03, 2010 08:17 PM      Profile for Graeme Kerr   Email Graeme Kerr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there,
Recently I was offered an Elmo 16-AL and was wondering what the techies on here would consider a decent price for a bundle including: Projector, 3 lenses, spare lams and a heap of old Japanese movie reels.

Any word back would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kerr

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted August 04, 2010 07:39 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are the lenses?

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2010 07:47 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The lenses can make a big difference in value. I'd look into those the most. I wouldn't put much value on the films unless they are old Monster films. If they are old monster films they are only worth shipping costs and I'll buy them all [Razz] ~Just kidding~ For what it is worth, I just sold a nice condition Elmo AL for $25.00. I paid in the $100-$125 range for it a few years ago. You would have to make sure the lamps are good ones...then they are not really that expensive.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Hans van der Sloot
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2010 02:44 AM      Profile for Hans van der Sloot   Author's Homepage   Email Hans van der Sloot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason projectors like the Elmo 16-CL and the 16-AL sell dirt cheap in the US.
Here in Europe they seem to have more value.
The problem with Elmo projectors is the size of the lens barrels: it's 40mm instead of the more common 42.5mm.
Especially wide angle lenses for Elmo's are quit rare.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC