8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » for sale - EUMIG MARK S 810 D LUX DUAL 8 sound projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: for sale - EUMIG MARK S 810 D LUX DUAL 8 sound projector
Edwina Milner
Junior

- posted October 18, 2011 05:03 PM      Profile for Edwina Milner   Email Edwina Milner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone interested ? Good working order. I’ve converted old family cine films to disk (I’m just an amateur). Now selling the projector, manual etc. If I put onto e-bay, any suggestions on what reserve I should put on this. And how best to pack if I have to ship it? armaartis (at sign) yahoo.com

|  IP: Logged

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2011 03:54 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I may be interested if the price and postage are reasonable (am in Bristol) I'm actually after just Eumig 8 series projectors for an MA installation I am doing so the more I have the better (and they will be near matched in looks) Thanks

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 19, 2011 05:29 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Edwina and welcome.
The price you will get for your machine depends if it is fully complete and working. It is well worth testing the machine with both standard 8mm and super 8mm sound film along with confirming which exact model you have. Eumig produced four versions of the 810D as follows. MK1 810D, MK2 810D Lux, MK3 810D High Quality Sound and MK 4 810D High Quality Sound Lux this being the last and latest incarnation. The most sought after models are the late 810D Lux HQS, MK2 807D (with slotted knobs) and the 824D HQS.

When sending the machine and if you don’t have the original box ideally the motor in the back of the machine should be locked in place for transit. You could remove the black back cover and check if the two transit screws each side of the motor are still in place to carefully screw down. These stop the rocking drive system from getting damaged as well when the postal services throw the parcel around. Buy plenty of bubble wrap and I mean plenty and engulf the machine with it. Wrap the mains plug with bubble wrap and then get a crisp type sized box, but choose a strong one. Pack card around the machine inside the box and seal well.

Edwina Milner
Junior

- posted October 20, 2011 05:22 PM      Profile for Edwina Milner   Email Edwina Milner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Lee for tips on how to pack for transit,
and for defining the various models.
On the side mine reads “ Mark S 810 D LUX High Quality Sound”.
It runs both standard 8mm and super 8mm film. It’s complete and working. In 2001, I had a new claw fitted by an experienced technician so he took it apart to access that and it was cleaned. Never had the time until a couple of years ago when I unpacked it again, re-filmed old family cine films onto my camcorder, the sound was working fine. I don’t have the original box. The only minor thing I am aware of is that the two little rubber pads underneath on the base have worn away from being in contact with tabletops etc and I guess could easily be replaced with e.g. a little piece of rubber carpet underlay.
 -

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2011 10:16 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am quite enamored with those old wire reels!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 21, 2011 04:08 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edwina, your Eumig 810DLux HQS is the high-end machine in Eumig line up, especially for dual gauge projector.

Check the lens, if it is Supragon Zoom f: 1.1 \ F: 12.5-25 mm then you may get luck to sell over $217. That was the last price I found on Ebay (March 2011).

If it is Supragon Zoom f: 1.2 \ F: 12.5-25 mm may be you will get a bit less.

Those complete accessories are selling point to boost your sell!

Good luck!

--------------------
Winbert

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2011 06:12 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would love a projector like this but I am sure just the shipping alone from the UK would be more then I can afford right now :-(

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Edwina Milner
Junior

- posted November 02, 2011 08:09 PM      Profile for Edwina Milner   Email Edwina Milner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your interest.
This EUMIG Projector MARK S 810 D LUX is now
for sale on ebay, ends Wed Nov 9th Nov 14:27
Vintage Projectors and Screens section

UK:
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EUMIG-Projector-S-810-810-D-810-DLUX-High-quality-sound-High-end-machine-/230695670193?pt=UK_Photography_VintagePhotography_VintagePhotoAccessories&hash=item35b6 8891b1

USA:
www.ebay.com/itm/EUMIG-Projector-MARK-S-810-D-LUX-High-Quality-Sound-Dual-Super-Standard-8-/230695670193?pt=UK_Photography_VintagePhotography_VintagePhotoAccessories&hash=item35b68 891b1

Also see Seller’s Other items – more cine equipment going on next few days.

Edwina Milner
Junior

- posted November 15, 2011 09:36 PM      Profile for Edwina Milner   Email Edwina Milner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SOLD

Thanks everyone, the projector sold on ebay.
I just can't see how to enter SOLD onto this thread.
Best wishes...

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 28, 2012 06:16 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody got a bargain!

--------------------
Maurice

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 28, 2012 06:36 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IF it comes with the original 1.1 lens, then it is bargain.

But if it is 1.3 lens... I don't think so.

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC