8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Wanted: Audio cable for B&H 456 Filmosound

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Audio cable for B&H 456 Filmosound
Jeffrey Bagg
Junior

- posted June 23, 2013 01:51 PM      Profile for Jeffrey Bagg   Email Jeffrey Bagg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know where to find one, or perhaps instructions on how to build one. Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2013 07:41 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeffrey, according to the super 8 database, there is no B&H model 456 with sound. Can you post a pic of the projector showing the audio out?

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2013 02:32 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
didn't these come with a cord you could plug in the unit that would go to a tape player?

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted June 24, 2013 04:28 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Jim is right. That model was not a sound projector. But rather a cassette tape deck could be plugged into it to sync a sound track.

PatD [Confused]

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2013 02:28 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Bell & Howell is STRICTLY a silent projector. It was never part of the Film-O-Sound line. No cord for cassette ever came with it.

Could it be an Elmo 458? That one was a Film-o-Sound unit.

Jon

Jeffrey Bagg
Junior

- posted July 20, 2013 10:50 AM      Profile for Jeffrey Bagg   Email Jeffrey Bagg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone... the cable that came with it (back in the day) attached to a cassette player, there is even a detailed instruction on the projector cover. I will double check the model number and post pictures...thanks again...be back in a day or two. jb

Jeffrey Bagg
Junior

- posted July 21, 2013 09:48 AM      Profile for Jeffrey Bagg   Email Jeffrey Bagg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My apologies... its a 468B ... I confused with another model I have. So, still the same question regarding getting or making a cable...thanks everyone. JBB

-

-

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 21, 2013 02:51 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It might be possible to use two separate jack plugs. The sockets appear to be different sizes, possibly 2.5mm and a 3.5mm.
The picture is unclear. The 2.5mm seems to have two rings and the 3.5mm three rings.
The chance of acquiring the correct original lead would seem pretty slim.

--------------------
Maurice

Jeffrey Bagg
Junior

- posted September 07, 2013 10:41 AM      Profile for Jeffrey Bagg   Email Jeffrey Bagg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best guess as to what each jack does? I have no trouble making the cables...and yes, 2 different sizes...thanks...

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2013 07:33 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My best guess would be that the larger jack is for the sound and the smaller one controls starting and stopping the cassette player....

--------------------
Joe Taffis

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC