8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Wanted: Elmo Super 8 1200' take up reel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Elmo Super 8 1200' take up reel
Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2015 11:39 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was able to pick up the Elmo ST 1200D at a fair price (I think, and hope it works!) and have a 1200' film coming to me! Nosferatu =} Unfortunately I do not have a 1200' take up reel and haven't found one. Anyone selling or can point me in the right direction? Thank you!

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2015 05:17 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Evan

Me again! I have a spare Elmo 1200ft reel in very good condition for £15, if you are interested let me know and I will find the postage cost including the reel and Goko lamp cover combined in one parcel.

Kevin

Paul Suchy
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2015 07:31 AM      Profile for Paul Suchy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Suchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you need another 1200 reel in the future, Larry Urbanski sells Goldberg reels on his website for $25.00. Urbanski films has a good selection of film supplies.

--------------------
Paul Suchy

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 21, 2015 08:07 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin, please let me know if you ever decide to sell more of these at that price or even higher! [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2015 09:29 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Paul! Looks like a good resource!

--------------------

Paul Suchy
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2015 06:59 AM      Profile for Paul Suchy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Suchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evan-Larry is the best; I have been ordering from him for years and he is a fair and honest seller ( not to mention the man behind Filmrenew).

--------------------
Paul Suchy

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2015 07:47 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there's also Steve Osborne of The Reel Image in ohio.

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2015 10:36 AM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you again Paul,

Thank you Gary,

I have been looking at Steve Osborne's Reel Image, and it looks great! I inquired about some of the new prints that are sold. I'm sure ~$850 is probably a fair price from what I can tell, unfortunately that is just too much for me at the moment. I will have to hope for used prints at half the price or less. Does Steve also sell used prints? I'm sure those prices would depend on the condition and film in question

--------------------

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2015 04:58 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve is one of the best sellers of used prints and keeps wish lists of your desired titles; a good fraction of his sales happen "off-list" as they find intended homes before being offered to his subscribers.

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2015 05:01 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's good to know Bill! Could you give me an idea of the range I could expect when purchasing used prints from him? If possible

--------------------

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2015 12:58 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin,

Thank you so much! Everything arrived fast, in excellent/perfect condition, and extremely well packed may I add! I can't thank you enough!

--------------------

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2015 03:21 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's like everything else. Desirable titles will set you back hundreds. Cheap deals are possible on faded, worn, or otherwise imperfect prints. I'd expect to pay about 1/3 less though than on eBay or from certain other dealers. His magazine is only $15 for a year (three or so issues) and his lists are free - both highly recommended.

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2015 03:37 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Bill,

For only $15 a year not only do I get his magazine, but it seems like a good cause to contribute to!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC