8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » New Release: Sony Theater Announcement (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: New Release: Sony Theater Announcement
Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2015 07:47 AM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Wayne,

nice to hear that "16mm-Drive-in-Films" is alive and well. The clips I bought from you are always highly appreciated by my film show audience.
We will publish a note in the forthcoming issue of "Cine 8-16" to make sure that the mis-information on the forum is not confusing our readers.

Regards,

Eberhard

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 16, 2015 01:50 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wayne, I know that you have been doing the 16MM thing for years, (and the collectors love you for it!), but you might, even at this later date, think about potentially doing some super 8 releases from your 35MM or 16MM prints as, there is still a market for them, as Steve and Phil are still happily chugging them out, (even brand new digests and features!)

It's just a thought Wayne. [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 16, 2015 03:47 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I, for one, will only ever be interested in Super 8mm films and judging by prices of the best out there on the gauge versus the same on 16mm, I would say there will ALWAYS be a market out there for the foreseeable future for any new quality Super 8mm releases so long as the magnetic stripe and quality control measures at the lab stage are A1.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 16, 2015 05:33 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He did ask:

Super-8 Intermissions

I'll have to say if I ever do wind up going into 16mm, the shorts that Wayne sells will definitely be one reason.

I'd have to have this one:

Is there a SPY in the house?

It's one of the most astounding leaps of logic I've ever seen put on film!

As far as the film in this review: I've had mine a couple of months and after seeing Doug's version of it at CineSea, I'm finally doing something about it. I screened it the other night and then leaving the projector at the same settings I ran a number of letterboxed trailers after it to see whish were close matches in framing and audio level. So far we have "Cars", "Star Trek: Insurrection", "Finding Nemo" and "Robots".

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2015 10:38 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Replied to the tread Steve referenced. With interest vs. cost so far apart with today's prices, I won't be having the work done for S8mm intermissions.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC