8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Hi all,

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hi all,
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 29, 2007 05:08 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just recently discovered this forum.
I live in Leigh-on-sea, essex. I'm Irish - have lived in the UK since 1984.
I collect 16mm. In my teenage years I collected 8mm - mainly Castle cutdowns.
Looking forward to being involved here.

-Mike.

|  IP: Logged

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2007 05:34 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Michael,

'8mm in your teens' sounds very familiar indeed, same story here.
I do 16mm now too. You will find a lot of very helpful and informative people here, so enjoy, and welcome aboard.

Best,
Claus Harding.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 29, 2007 05:35 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,

Welcome to the Forum! Glad you've found us. What do you collect in 16mm and what projector do you use?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 29, 2007 05:44 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Claus and Hi Doug,

My main interest is Universal Horror films or anything from the 30's and 40's in the horror genre.
My number 1 projector is an Eiki RM-1 - I like manual threading. I worked as a projectionist back in Ireland from 1979 - 1984 (35mm).
I also have a Bauer P8 which I use occasionally.

-Mike.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 31, 2007 12:09 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael, Welcome aboard. Just a few mins down the road (Thundersley) from me I see. I too have the RM-1 and yes I find it very reliable without of course any autothread misshaps.

Do you have a large film collection?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2007 02:59 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike and welcome. It's great to see another Collector of old horror films on the forum.
Best wishes,
Paul.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 31, 2007 04:38 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin,
I just got back into collecting film 'round about 18 months ago. My collection is not big - 6 features, 4 shorts and a couple of TV series prints ( The Odd Couple, and Night Gallery). I had a few more features earlier on this year but sold them on to other collectors.

I've been involved in the US forums for about a year, but, its finally nice to meet someone close to home who has the same "affliction" as me.

What kind of collection do you have? Do you mainly collect 8mm or 16mm?

-Mike.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 01, 2007 12:45 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I mainly collect super 8. I have cut the size of my collection down in recent months but still have some Carry On, Disney and Sci Fi Features. Have loads of shorts which just happen to be mailny Disney.

Where 16mm is concerned I only have a couple of features and again both of those are Disney. Petes Dragon and Tron...beautiful low fade prints.

My project for next year may well be 35mm.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 01, 2007 04:14 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin,

I would love to get into 35mm - but portable 35mm projectors are hard to find, in my experience.

-Mike

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 01, 2007 04:21 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats true enough. K.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC