8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » The rare Eiki ESL

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The rare Eiki ESL
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 24, 2008 02:32 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eiki ESL series (i.e. the electronic 'touch' switch version of the SSL) projectors seem hard to find and it's difficult to find anyone that has ever seen one in use, let alone owned one. Although I have a SSL-2, the ESL appeals to me as in my experience the Eiki rotary switches have a tendency to not work perfectly, and I find the ENT/3592 (with touch switches) an impressive projector. I'm particularly curious about how the switch that starts the ESL copes with the mechanical sequence of movements that happen when the rotary switch is used on the SSL.

I wonder if the scarcity of ESLs is because they cost significantly more than SSLs - or perhaps they were produced at a later stage than most SSLs?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC