8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Eiki Rewind Problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eiki Rewind Problem
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted September 21, 2008 08:16 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an Eiki SNT-O that will no fast rewind. All other functions work. The solenoid switch that throws it into rewind is not engaging. Any ideas on a fix?

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 22, 2008 01:59 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, I don't know if the SNT0 runs like the NT1 and NT2 but, in order to fast rewind on the 1 and 2 models, you need to turn the threading shoe one quarter of a turn clockwise and then switch the projector in the "forward" mode.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted September 22, 2008 11:06 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Jean-Marc, thanks for the advice. I do not think it is the same with the SNT-O. I have two of them and one operates when put in the fast rewind mode, but the other one does not. When I looked inside the back I saw that the solenoid switch is not engaging when it should.

Hugh McCullough
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2008 05:33 PM      Profile for Hugh McCullough   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Dan.

If it is of any use I have uploaded, to one of my web sites, a PDF copy of the workshop/technical manual for the SNT machine.
It can be downloaded at:-
www.cinephoto.co.uk/chs7000qrt.htm

Hugh.

--------------------
EIKI Ex 6100 xenon machine.

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2008 08:46 AM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan
Check and see if the solenoid has continuity with a meter and then with it disconnected check for voltage when you put it in rewind. If it's the solenoid it's a replacement thing. If it has continuity then it's either voltage off/low or binding on the shaft.

John

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2008 07:16 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Dan
Just in case you missed it' all others are welcome to read my reply.
Did you try adjusting the solenoid switch? Held on with 2 top screws.
Can you rewind the film if it still in the film path? (Reverse)
I worked on many of these at the CINEVENT in Columbus Ohio
All had the same problem. No rewind. One had a bad gear by the supply arm. The other thing to check is the roller the 1st one in the film path is that loose or is it tight and sticky. Should be free movement Clean the mechanism roller assy. I had to take one of the machines home with me it took 3 months to fix
I did everything I know of and it still did not work I even took a working solenoid out of another projector still nothing. Gremlins’ took over this darm thing I had one more choice after all attempts and many hours (time Spent) I replaced the solenoid with a new one adjusted it a few times and it worked.
Found out later the line voltage on the low end of the solenoid was not set up to specks inside the solenoid.

Hope this helps

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC