8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Is this a 35mm or a 16mm projector?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this a 35mm or a 16mm projector?
Hans van der Sloot
Master Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2009 05:57 PM      Profile for Hans van der Sloot   Author's Homepage   Email Hans van der Sloot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This Ampro Stylist projector is for sale on a local auction site (Marktplaats):
http://link.marktplaats.nl/264159852
Is this a real 35mm projector?
If so, is it a good one?

Unfortunately Marktplaats just started some sort of maintainance a few minutes ago (1:00 AM local time), so this auction can't be seen for a couple of hours.
Please try again after about 6 hours (7:00 AM local time).

|  IP: Logged

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2009 07:21 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could not open the link
but my the name it is probably a 16mm sound projector.

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2009 02:19 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
definitely a 16mm, I opened the link and saw the image.. [Smile]

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Damien Taylor
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2009 05:56 AM      Profile for Damien Taylor   Email Damien Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That looks like an Ampro Stylist Major, it is a 16mm projector, and a very good one at that. I own and run one of these beauties and if it is maintained well will run forever. It is a manual load and is reltively gentle on film. They are built like tanks.

Hans van der Sloot
Master Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2009 06:14 AM      Profile for Hans van der Sloot   Author's Homepage   Email Hans van der Sloot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The seller already changed the auction.
Now it says 16mm instead of 35mm.

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2009 07:33 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Definitely a Major Mk2. Identical to mine, and I absolutely agree with everything that Damien says about it.

It's a pity that it does not have the matching speaker. The speaker shown is more likely to be for a Standard Stylist or a Premier model, as it is finished in brown and has a curved casing. The matching speaker for the Major is finished in the same black and grey Rexine as the projector casing, with white piping around the edges, and a polished aluminium "AMPRO" speaker grille escutcheon over the silver/white speaker cloth. Also it is square, about the same size as the projector casing, with no rounded corners.

If you don't have one of these machines but have wanted one for a long time - go for it.

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC