8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Eiki SSL-2 Manuel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eiki SSL-2 Manuel
Tamara Henderson
Junior

- posted April 06, 2010 10:58 AM      Profile for Tamara Henderson   Email Tamara Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just purchased an Eiki SSL-2 and am wondering if someone might have the manuel in PDF format?

I am wondering if it is possible to change the frame setting... form 24 to 18 on this projector.

Kind Regards,
Tamara

--------------------
tamarahenderson

|  IP: Logged

Jeff Taylor
Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2010 04:09 PM      Profile for Jeff Taylor   Email Jeff Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eiki's come with different pulley sets depending on what part of the world you're in. In the US they came standard with dual drive belt pulleys which adjust for 50 vs 60 cycle power by flipping the belt from one groove to the other. There were optional pulleys for switching from 24 to 18 fps, but parts being what they are who knows if any still exist. The motor is an induction motor, so you can't really adjust the speed electronically, and even if you could it would cause coooling problems as the fan would also slow with the motor. Finally, they also came with 2 and 3 bladed shutters--you need the 3 blade type for satisfactory silent speed shows. Richard Patchett, who is on this forum, would be a good source for parts if any exist. I actually have the manual, but it's very lengthy and really doesn't deal with your question. Good luck.

--------------------
Jeff

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2010 12:50 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Jeff & Tamara

Jeff is right on in his description I worked on them and still do.
I seen many different types with same brand and model number.
Funny through some parts fit some don't Its kind of robbing Peter to pay Paul. I have many new parts for same in stock.
But its always one that i don't carry I deal direct with Eiki and others. and Thanks Jeff for the referral. If need be check out my web site At www.rcsclassic16mm.com

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC