8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Eiki ST-1H - worth anything?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eiki ST-1H - worth anything?
Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2011 10:51 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey friends, had a look today at an Eiki ST-1H that someone is looking to get rid of. It looks pretty clean, and looks simply like an older version of an NT-series machine I'm familiar with.

The belts look OK, though I've not tried running it -- one is that funny stepped rubber guy, and the others are metal coils. Some of the coils look pulled, like a sprung spring, but the belts seem reasonably tight.

Having said that, is this worth anything? Know anything about this?

Oh, the other problem is the fixed lens is 60mm or 65 or something like that, so it's a long-throw. Why can't I ever find a 35? [Embarrassed] )

Thanks in advance!

|  IP: Logged

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2011 04:38 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IMHO, an unserviced standard ELC machine that has been sitting for years would hold a price tag of $50.00 tops if they do work without problems the fist time...more often than not they are free.

I believe the standard lens would be 50mm. Any other lens not 2"/50mm would be worth more than the projector itself.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2011 02:18 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Wayne, thank you so much for the reply.

I've had another look at the unit. It's NOT in working order. Those metals belts are indeed "sprung" and slip at best and stop completely at worst. I can't figure out from where, but one piece of "belt" is just lying in the bottom of the case interior. The autoload top loop former doesn't fully extend out over the film path. And the bulb's so old that the reflective surface is delaminating (EJL, so cheap to replace if I wish).

So the lens is the only notable detail here. On second look I'm surprised I didn't notice it the first time: Kowa (super prominar-16) 1:15 / 65. I'm sure a 65mm lens isn't worth as much as something shorter throw, like a 38, but still, it's something.

[ August 02, 2011, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Bill Brandenstein ]

Jeff Taylor
Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2011 05:15 PM      Profile for Jeff Taylor   Email Jeff Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most people who look for special lenses generally want shorter throw lenses, such as perhaps a 25mm or 38mm. They do definitely carry a premium price.

--------------------
Jeff

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 13, 2011 11:57 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi friends, back again about this one. I really don't want to take on this machine. The owner isn't really looking to get money for it. Anyone want it for free? Or for the cost of shipping? If you NEED one such as this, the cost of belts will hopefully be a reasonable investment. Plus you'd need to find a standard 50mm lens (currently $10 on eBay), or a more expensive short-throw, if you want a larger picture. I can throw in a reel also.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC