8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Selling 16mm films, Ebay?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Selling 16mm films, Ebay?
David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2012 04:21 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Going to have to make some room so going to sell some 16mm films I have is Ebay UK the best/easiest?
If Ebay UK which Category is the best seem to be in more than one by others.

--------------------
Regards,
David

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 29, 2012 07:29 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The fairly new 'Film Stock' category, which has a 16mm section, must be the 'right' area to use. At first, hardly anyone was using this, probably because it wasn't appearing where the different film guages previously were, but I'm sure that it's gradually becoming the main area for film.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 29, 2012 10:20 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not sell them through this Forum?

--------------------
Maurice

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2012 11:35 AM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian, I think it is now automatic. I listed several things that I have been listing for the same way for a LONG time now, and the category changed itself to "film stock" on its own.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2012 09:00 AM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a look at the Ebay Film Stock section seems you are limited to a maximum of £4.5 for Packing and delivery.

--------------------
Regards,
David

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2012 04:09 PM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Ebay section people appear to use to get proper packing and delivery cost is Vintage Film from Photography

--------------------
Regards,
David

Ron Douglas
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2012 04:20 PM      Profile for Ron Douglas   Email Ron Douglas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,
As to postage, when listing an item in any category in ebay,
click the drop-down box for postage to read "courier".
This way, when generating an ebay invoice, you can specify the amount of postage (greater than £4.50). To aid the sale, mention how much it will be in your listing.

--------------------
Ron

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2012 04:27 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
why not sell them at my film fair on the 18th nov at blackpool either have a stall or sell them in the auction savesa messing about listing them on ebay then waiting for payment then loads of commision to pay then having to parcel them up and post them tel 07931 926550

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2012 11:03 AM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, ebay starting putting a generic top value on postage a while back when they didn't collect fees on postage and people were selling thing for next to nothing and charging a huge shipping fee. Now that they collect fees on shipping too! they could remove the generic shipping value limit but they don't. The only way to get the "true" shipping costs are to include who or how you will ship, and the actual weight of the package when you make the listing. YES it is a P.I.A. and I find the international shipping calculator is often wrong anyhow...so I'll refund the difference to international buyers when that happens.

edit: A film show/event would be the easiest & most fun if you could make it there [Smile]

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted November 13, 2012 12:54 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
It isn't the shipping charges that put me off from buying from
the USA Wayne,it's the customs charges this end,the blood
sucking#/=-#*"=!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC