8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Got a New film added to collection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Got a New film added to collection
Bill Shenette
Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2015 10:37 AM      Profile for Bill Shenette   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Shenette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's Called "Trail of the lonesome Pine"
here is what I recived(See Attached Picture).
It's hard for me to smell the film because I know nothing about it . I know what vinagar smells like howver it still hard for me to tell.
Is there any collectors here in the area of mass or RI. that would be able to help me.
I also need to get a reel for this how do I determin tht?
Sincerely Bill

-

--------------------
Live life to the fullest each and every day. You never know when you will be called home to Glory.

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 07, 2015 11:59 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suspected many times VS on some of my films but when I came across a real (fortunately, the only one so far) stock infected, I had no doubt at all : the smell is strong and it is really a vinegar one. The picture you posted is small but is seems that your film is put on the standard core that goes in special spools (I think in English it is calles loose spools but this is to be confirmed). You don't need of course that special spool if you have only one film with a core and plenty of room at home you can just put your film on a normal reel.

--------------------
Dominique

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2015 12:50 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Split reels springs to mind. Mt method was a piece of 1" dowel 2 bits of 4mm ply strong cardboard would do a spool and wind it on to that.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Bill Shenette
Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2015 06:29 AM      Profile for Bill Shenette   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Shenette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I'll try it ill look at the film closely and see what it looks like . I have head gear with a lightI have to figure where to pick up gloves to handle the film ill look around. Thank you guys so much you been a bigh help.
Now I have posted a bearing trouble on my535 can't watch films until this is fully fixed
Have a Blessed day Sincerely William

--------------------
Live life to the fullest each and every day. You never know when you will be called home to Glory.

Bill Shenette
Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2015 04:50 AM      Profile for Bill Shenette   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Shenette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was all bad had to be destroyes Ill fins another copy some day

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted March 27, 2015 05:39 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I transferred several films on cores to reels in my early days (only 2 and a half year ago though)

I took cardboard on each side, made a hole for a pen, fitted the end to the reel on the projector and rewound on the projector. It worked out fine for me

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC