8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Projectonist

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Projectonist
James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2017 10:00 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I though you might like a laugh?

https://youtu.be/QJsvs1KEBgE

--------------------
James Wilson

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 05, 2017 12:32 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Project The Right Image" is an interesting little film. It takes me back to the days when the Post Office would accept a parcel tied with string.

A couple of years ago I sold a film. Found an old brown fibre transit case. Tied it with two lots of string. At the Post Office the counter clerk refused to accept my parcel saying the string would catch in the automatic sorting machines.

I had to take it home. Wrap in brown paper, and seal it with that horrible brown self adhesive sticky tape.

By the way. If a new operator of a Rank Aldis follows the film in detail he may not know that after threading it is necessary to stop, and then gently tug on the newly protruding section of the film to release the auto-thread mechanism.

--------------------
Maurice

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2017 10:55 AM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a Rank Aldis machine and if, by any chance, you didn't give the film a gentle tug, the take up spool did it for you on starting.

--------------------
Dave

James Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2017 11:44 AM      Profile for James Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have two Rank Aldis projectors, and love them both.
James.

--------------------
James Wilson

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2017 03:36 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes seen this film before but always worth a second view - brilliant British comedy almost in the vein of Ealing.
I remember as a child film shows being given at the village Sunday School hall by a couple who brought all their equipment on a motor bike and sidecar. I think the projectors were an RCA Hollywood and an Ampro Stylist. I was fascinated by the whole experience and it was that that got me hooked on this hobby.
Although I'm seriously trying to downsize I find it so difficult to part with stuff and nearly always regret doing so.

Todd N. Tuckey
Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2017 07:25 PM      Profile for Todd N. Tuckey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was fun!!

--------------------
Todd N. Tuckey

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 03, 2017 03:15 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was availible through derann. Wish i bought a copy now on 8mm. Very good.
I was wondering what model projector that was so thanks for mentioning rank aldis.
Were they in the samevleague as the bell and howells and elfs or were they top ebd models?

Martin Dew
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 03, 2017 09:55 AM      Profile for Martin Dew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I agree, Tom. We don't often hear about the Rank OEM models or Bauers on here. They always look like they are quiet nicely engineered projectors, but most of the buzz tends to revolve around B&H and Eiki.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC