8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » CINESEA 17 FILM CONVENTION Coming to Wildwood New Jersey April 27, 2018

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CINESEA 17 FILM CONVENTION Coming to Wildwood New Jersey April 27, 2018
Todd N. Tuckey
Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2018 06:21 PM      Profile for Todd N. Tuckey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 17th CINESEA FILM CONVENTION takes place next weekend... it's Friday to Sunday April 27 to 29, 2018 at the Ocean Holiday Motel in Wildwood, NJ right on the beach with a beautiful view of the ocean! There is no admission, but tables are available for $20 if you want to set up! Film Collector John Black started this years ago, and after he passed away, the tradition remains, much to the efforts of Doug and Lou who spend many, many hours planning and setting and and taking down this event. This covers 8mm, Super 8mm, some 9.5mm, 16mm, and 35mm Silent and Sound! We meet twice a year--April and October.

We are very excited because Friday night, we will have a TREAT not repeated anywhere in the world, perhaps! A mint 35mm 3D Print of HOUSE OF WAX will be screened courtesy of David Baker and Terry Bange who are bringing their portable 35mm projector! Doug has located the polarized glasses too (so much better than the red and green ones). On Saturday Night, a bunch of short subjects and compilations are usually screened...from perhaps 8pm to 1am. You will see cartoons, comedies, etc. Please bring a short subject and maybe we will be able to screen it too! Although there are folding chairs, I suggest bringing a folding beach chair...and also a blanket, as this space is not heated...we may luck out and have nice weather, but you never know with ocean breezes!
During the day, the film dealers space is in the same space and you can walk around and then take a break and walk on the enormous Wildwood Boardwalk, which usually has about half the stores open getting ready for the new season. This is just a few blocks north. You can rent bikes or surreys for the boardwalk also, which allows them because the season has not started yet. And of course, you can visit other area attractions during the day if you so please! Rooms are cheap since they will not be officially open. You should call ahead for reservations for sure, but its pretty much just the Cinesea folks who occupy the whole place! The folks are friendly and free Wi-Fi too. This is NOT the Holiday Inn...its a MOTEL, but the rooms are just $65 for one or two people, and $15 a person over that. The pool may not be open yet, but you never know. Our film screening room is in an enclosed Garage at street level and plenty of free parking on motel property. Just do a search for Ocean Holiday Motor Lodge.
You are welcome to go to Breakfast with the lot of us all 3 mornings...we usually meet at around 7:45am and walk to a local place (sometimes drive in carpools) but don't worry, you can sleep in!. Friday night, we order Pizza and Hoagies delivered to the screening room (everyone pays for all their own food), but the snacks and sodas are provided by a bunch of the regulars! Saturday night around 6pm we all go out to dinner to a local restaurant that's always very, very good! ALL are welcome..and we always have a great time before we go back for the Saturday night films! Sunday, many are packing by Noon and heading home. However, people have had so much fun, starting last year, many now arrive on THURSDAY April 26 in the afternoon! Although the film room starts to get set up Thursday, there's still folks talking and having fun! (My daughter Tammy and I are arriving Thursday afternoon)...and yes, this event is family friendly!!
I have attached three videos I made of three different shows! The first one features the last storefront Nickelodeon in the USA thats still intact (although closed now) but available for sale for anyone wanting to open an almost turnkey movie theater that seats 100 set up for 35mm and DVD--watch the video to see it---and the owner will make you a great deal!! If you watch the videos, you will see that we are involved with a really neat serial...THE CRIMSON GHOST...I believe we are up to chapters 10 and 11 for this show, that collector Gary Sloan supplies! These videos give you a flavor of the event!
CInesea #12 https://youtu.be/-TesHV-A6y4
Cinesea #13 https://youtu.be/O1vYbDpydUE
Cinesea #14 https://youtu.be/89qbDOqSjHM

We have such a good time...please join us! Todd N. Tuckey

Email Doug for more info Doug.8mmForum@verizon.net or Lou at louscards@aol.com

--------------------
Todd N. Tuckey

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC