8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Gone With The Wind F/S in B/W

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gone With The Wind F/S in B/W
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted January 29, 2009 10:45 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a print of GWTW printed on black and white stock listed on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/16MM-FEATURE-GONE-WITH-THE-WIND-BLACK-WHITE_W0QQitemZ270337450166QQihZ017QQcategoryZ63821QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

|  IP: Logged

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2009 07:47 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dan,

Have sent you an e-mail!

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 05, 2009 12:27 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, I sent you an email also. Thanks.

Thomas Powys-Keck
Film Handler

- posted February 21, 2009 05:25 PM      Profile for Thomas Powys-Keck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dan,you got quite a good price for that b&w version.I wonder how much my technicolor version is worth?
Regards Tom.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted February 22, 2009 02:52 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas, is that an IB TECH print there?

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 23, 2009 09:46 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael O'Regan wrote........

"Thomas, is that an IB TECH print there?"

I second that. Inquiring minds want to know.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted February 27, 2009 07:10 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If its one of the rare IB's its worth a lot of money.

Thomas Powys-Keck
Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2009 02:32 PM      Profile for Thomas Powys-Keck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A bit late with my answer,its IB Tech.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 07, 2009 02:50 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats a print I'd like to have.

Nice one, Thomas.

Thomas Powys-Keck
Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2009 03:37 PM      Profile for Thomas Powys-Keck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Michael! I wonder how much its worth,its also got a long musical prologue before the film starts!
Tom.

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2009 04:01 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas -

If you indeed have an IB print, then it's worth somewhere in the range of $US 5000-$US 10000 depending on the print.

Can you post some scans? IBs on GWTW are extremely rare.

Thomas Powys-Keck
Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2009 04:22 PM      Profile for Thomas Powys-Keck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steven,hope you are well! Thanks for the info on GWTW,i will certainly try and do some scans of the film.
Tom.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 07, 2009 04:36 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, some scans would be nice........

Did you get this print here in the UK?

-Mike

Thomas Powys-Keck
Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2009 05:37 PM      Profile for Thomas Powys-Keck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael,i couldn't tell you where the film was bought,my late Father was a film collector back in the fifties,he sadly died at the age of 36 in 1958 and had a huge collection of films GWTW was one of them.The movies kept coming for years after his death,we dont know where from,my Mother just kept storing them.When i was old enough to work my fathers Victor model 40 projector we were able to watch them,i even made a cinemascope bracket for the Victor.It still works fine now.There are hundreds of films here,some of the sixties movies such as the Longest Day is a panavision version,i cant use a scope lens on it it looks odd,so i got a panavision lens off a friend of the family his name Wilkie Cooper,some of you may have heard of him,he was the cameraman on Jason and the Argonauts,and One Million years BC to mame just a couple.I personally have bought a lot of movies from Steven Sigel,allways been a good guy to do business with.
I also have in the collection Ben Hur in IB tech and in cinemascope,the chariot race is still the most awesome thing to watch on the big screen,my screen is 18 foot wide.
Tom.

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2009 07:42 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Thomas,
treasure those prints as they are worth a lot of money. And you use a lens given to you by Wilkie Cooper, how's that for provenance. Awesome! I can feel the envy from the DVD projection boys.

Paul.

Thomas Powys-Keck
Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2009 03:19 AM      Profile for Thomas Powys-Keck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that Paul.A lot of people take the mickey out of me because they think film is old fashioned,but when they watch the movies i have got they are full of praise.I also do a lot of filming myself,with my 16mm movie cameras.I have two Arriflex 16BL cameras,three Auricon cinevoices two of which still record the sound as i film,two Beaulieu R16 automatics,three Bolex 16mm,etc,etc.Film is still the best format,i wont be going down the dvd road.

Thomas Powys-Keck
Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2009 05:03 AM      Profile for Thomas Powys-Keck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the best way to do scans of the film? Shall i run the first reel and take photos? [Confused]

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2009 08:34 AM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom,
Either take some shots off the screen with a digital camera, or lay a strip of film across a flatbed scanner.

Thomas Powys-Keck
Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2009 01:09 PM      Profile for Thomas Powys-Keck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steve. [Smile]

Thomas Powys-Keck
Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2009 05:01 PM      Profile for Thomas Powys-Keck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well i tried to upload some pics of GWTW,but it kept saying that my login had failed! [Confused]

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 08, 2009 05:12 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Thomas,

Could you possibly email them to me:

mjoregan(at)btinternet(dot)com

Thanks,Mike

Thomas Powys-Keck
Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2009 05:21 PM      Profile for Thomas Powys-Keck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael,i will send you some pics,i have just sent Steven some but they are not very good photos!

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 09, 2009 02:39 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got them. Thanks Tom.

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2009 07:16 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom,

Just wondering, but I wasn't aware whether you were at the BFCC in Ealing on the 16th.

As I'm sure you know, there are quite a few of us dotted around Sussex, so it might be nice to get up a contingent for the next convention in October.

There's Mike Peckham in Worthing, Mark Williams in Bognor, Rob Koeling in Brighton, Kevin Clark just over the border in Kent, and myself from Southwater, - plus anyone else whom I have inadvertently forgotten - apologies!

Your recent posts, I am sure, have had the effect of rousing interest in your obviously fantastic film collection - what an inheritance!

Hopefully looking forward to some more of your posts on the Forum and who knows, we may all be able to meet up one day.

Cheers,

[ May 20, 2009, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: David Pannell ]

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC