8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » newbee needs advice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: newbee needs advice
Tommy Woods
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2011 02:41 AM      Profile for Tommy Woods   Email Tommy Woods   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All
This is my first (but not my last ) post on the forum,I was hoping one of you could estimate the approx value of the following 16MM film,

THE MERSEY SOUND,broadcast and produced by the BBC in 1963
B/W opt sound,33min duration,filmed in and around Liverpool,focuses on the Beatles here is a link to IMDB for more detailed info,
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384335/
I am hoping to put this on that wellknown auction site but have no idea what to set the reserve at?

the film is in fine condition with just one repair on the leader.
If anyone can help it would be most appreciated.
I can be contacted on tommy woods 111 at msn dot com

Thanks for looking

--------------------
Let there be light,so god created the projector

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 04, 2011 09:51 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the Forum!

It's definitely the sort of film that's worth putting on eBay as such material is highly sought after. If it's unavailable on DVD, that helps too. Personally, if I was selling an excellent original print (that wasn't duped from another copy) of this, I'd probably make the reserve around £100, but it could go for significantly more if you're lucky. You could wait for the next free listing weekend, to avoid listing fees!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2011 11:14 AM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think you would need a reserve but no harm in having one. Not being a huge fan of the boys, I don't know if that footage is on DVD or not. I myself would research it, if it is not on DVD yet, why not transfer it before selling it?

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Tommy Woods
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 04, 2011 11:35 AM      Profile for Tommy Woods   Email Tommy Woods   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your replies,much appreciated,I may go down the free listing route,regarding copies,I'm certain the bbc still hold copyright

--------------------
Let there be light,so god created the projector

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC