8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » 16mm films list (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: 16mm films list
Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2012 09:28 AM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,
I was asked by a collector to pass this information. He has got over 500 -16mm Features films, many lenses and brand new parts for all different 16mm projectors for sale in England .If you have any question or just want his list. Email him on
16mmfilmbazaar@gmail.com
I have bought few 16mm films from him they were fine, especially the prices. I just thought to pass the message; it might be useful to our forum members.Be patient with his replay as he is not very good with computer .
Regards
Leon

|  IP: Logged

Mike Williamson
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2012 11:54 PM      Profile for Mike Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone successfully communicated with this seller? He sent me one email, saying he was out of town until the end of Feb, and hasn't responded to any emails since.

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2012 03:07 AM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi Mike,
I have phoned him few days ago with my order .I know he has received many e.mails asking him to answer many questions .It will take him time to do that. [Eek!] However, I have ordered 18 films+one elf projector which I have to collect in person.He is going to let me know the date soon he said [Roll Eyes] If you e.mail him again and ask him to provide you with his telephone number ,so you can talk to him in person with your order.But be patient,he is extremely busy with local and international orders.Good Luck [Wink]

Mike Williamson
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2012 10:42 PM      Profile for Mike Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Leon. Did you get your films?

I am still waiting to hear info on the prints I inquired about.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 11, 2012 09:55 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I received a reply from him recently but it took quite a while in view of the enormous number of films he's selling.

Leon - I wondered where he's located as I might possibly be able to pick up my order?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2012 11:32 AM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was there a print of The Goonies in his list?

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2012 01:03 PM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello ,
He lives in Leiceter city .I had few parcel of films from him so far ,but he is very busy with checking and packing.I am happy with the films ,some in top condition 9as good as new) and some watchable.However,he has told me about the colour and stock of the films ,so no surprises there.I think his prices are very reasonable £40 for each feature film.Just be Patient with him .He is old man.Good luck [Wink]
Regards
Leon

Mike Williamson
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2012 08:23 PM      Profile for Mike Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't see GOONIES on the list, Wayne.

Thanks for the update, Leon.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 12, 2012 08:10 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He told me that the price is £40 each if I have 5 or more features - he prices them individually if you have less. I noted there was an 'Alien' on the list. If that was THE 'Alien', someone getting it for £40 had quite a bargain even if it wasn't scope!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2012 08:34 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mike. I was in the process of buying a print of the GOONIES from David E. when he passed away. I never wanted to bother anyone trying to finish the deal. When this library of films came up for sale, I was sort of hoping it was David's films for sale.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2012 03:44 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wondered if anyone bought any of these films on offer and if so are you happy with your purchase.

It sounds like some people have got some bargains which is quiet rare these days.

Mike Williamson
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2012 03:48 PM      Profile for Mike Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had an email with him today and he is now saying he can't check prints for color or condition and wished me "good luck".

After waiting 3 months to buy from him, it seems he's trying to back out of selling to me.

I have emailed him a response and I hope we can resolve this because, after 3 months of emailing back and forth and him holding these titles for me, if he sells them elsewhere I will be furious.

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2012 05:44 PM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Robert,
Have a look at his e.bay feedback . I have bought 29 feature films and two elf projectors from him without any problem . Although, I have only watched few of them .The quality and the price tags of £40 each I think I had a very good deal. He has been selling on e.bay for years; with positive feedback of over 2000 must be impressive. Some of the titles I have bought should sell good on e.bay, sort of paying for other titles which I am going to keep. Now I am waiting for his Trailers and Cartoon list.
[Wink]

Mike Williamson
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2012 06:42 PM      Profile for Mike Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leon, since you started this topic, essentially advertising for Mussa, I'd like your opinion on my experiences.

I am, truthfully, flabbergasted you have bought almost 30 prints from him, but according to Mussa today, my order of 10 titles is just too much for him to handle. I have been emailing him since Feb 7 and have not been able to get a single print from him.

What is going on here?

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2012 09:22 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Leon,

Whats his ebay name as i would like to see what he has sold so far.

Thanks.

Marc Spardello
Junior

- posted April 24, 2012 09:59 PM      Profile for Marc Spardello   Email Marc Spardello   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
espungabera

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2012 06:43 AM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mike,
‘essentially advertising for Mussa’ in this forum we look out for each others and when we see something good we like to inform each other about it. In fact I call it information and not advertising. Then it is up to each individual to take a responsibility to do what ever they want with the information. By what you are saying I have ‘essentially advertising for Mussa’. Do you mean I should take responsibility for what goes on between you and him? Let’s make it clear that I only gave the information and what you do with it is up to you.
My experience has been a great one, same as other 100`s on e.bay .I have talk to him about your order Mike .He said you have asked him to check how many splices and lines in each spools .He said if he check all your order it will take him hours. He has lots of happy customers, although he is not just saying it you can check his e.bay feedback as Robert is about to do. He said that he will not check every spool counting the number of splices or number of wear lines, especially for the prices he is selling them.
After all these Advertising ...Opss...I meant information I should get his new film listing first .
[Wink]

Mike Williamson
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2012 08:29 AM      Profile for Mike Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All I asked of him was the following:

Can you check the color and please let me know the film stock?
Can you let me know the condition, as far as scratches and splices?

This is the bare minimum any collector asks. He never told me he didn't have time to check or that this was a burden. He told me he would get around to it. Three months later, he is saying he doesn't have time and "good luck".

I responded "That's fine, just sell me the following 5 titles you have held for me, then. (instead of 10)" I have not yet heard back.

You posted in this forum for him, and apparently talk to him, so I thought you may have insight as to what was going on. I'm not implying you are working with him, or are responsible in any way, but you clearly have had more one-on-one interaction with him than any of us. Even now you say you talked to him about my order. That's something I couldn't even get done since my last post.

Thanks for your response. I'm not upset with you, obviously. This has just been a frustrating 3 month wait, being put off over and over by Mussa, only for it to possibly end in no sale for no reason at all. He should have just said in the beginning, "these are the prices and I don't have time to check for condition." But that's not what he said to me. He said he WOULD check for condition, so I waited to hear it.

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2012 09:58 AM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I am leaving it to other forum members to comment on their dealing experiences with him. [Confused]

Mike Williamson
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2012 10:19 AM      Profile for Mike Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And look...This could all end ok if he still sells me the films he was holding for me for three months.

A month ago he checked 5 of them for me for color. I said, "great, I'll buy these now and we can do the other 5 when you have time." But he refused, saying he wanted to do them all at once and I had to wait for him to check the other five.

So it was just totally confusing when he emailed saying he didn't have time to check anymore, and implied that was the end of it...No sale.

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2012 05:58 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Leon, Let me know how the Tom & Jerry Cartoons are when you get them i believe you bought the collection well done [Big Grin]

Stefano Cacciagrano
Master Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2012 05:00 PM      Profile for Stefano Cacciagrano   Email Stefano Cacciagrano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to inform anyone contacts the collector in question, that he is giving his 16mm films: it is a very serious and efficient. Completely honest and kind. his films are EXACTLY as he describes them and the prices are really low! I was really pleased with my first order and certainly will take more items from him!

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2012 08:39 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have bought with ease, five full features from A. Mussa. There were no problems and I am very pleased indeed with my order! In fact, I look forward to placing my next order. Order today; you won't be dissapointed! Excellent service and great value!

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2012 10:12 AM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robert,
I have received my collection of Tom and Jerry .I have only watched few of them .But I am well pleased .I am looking forward to get his list of more expensive films.He has few of the James Bond 007 Films eg From Russia with Love .The only problem is he is not well and that makes him very slow to respond. [Wink]

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2012 02:53 AM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to be the first to give the extras that Mr Mussa added to his 16mm list. I have bought the 'From Russia with Love',yet to pay him ! This time he has to wait and not me. He said his prices are flexible .If you fancy any just offer him the prices that suit you and hope for the best.

The Living Daylights (1987) £175
For Your Eyes Only (1981) £175
Bronco Billy (1980) Clint Eastwood £150
Damien: Omen II (1978) £150
Gandhi (1982) £150
[Wink]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC