8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » 16mm equipment for sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 16mm equipment for sale
Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2007 10:18 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After trying to start with 16mm, I am giving up and staying with super 8. I have several reasons for this. Mainly do not have the time to deal with it and/or space to store the equipment. This is a small inventory, having started gathering stuff last August. Read descriptions carefully please. All sales are final.

Take the entire lot for $300.00 PLUS shipping. Please understand I am trying to earn some of what I invested back.

BELL AND HOWELL PROJECTOR MODEL 1592 PARTS MACHINE
Broken carry handle; possible lectrical problem burning out bulbs really fast; and there is a problem with autoload, jamming at the claw.

BELL AND HOWELL PROJECTOR MODEL 2580 PARTS MACHINE
Slot mode model. Broken primary drivegear in the back gear box. Rewind and take up arms do not rotate as required for film play.

BELL AND HOWELL PROJECTOR MODEL 2580
This is a duplicate to the above parts machine. This machines runs as expected. This is the best of the bunch.

BELL AND HOWELL PROJECTOR 2580 PARTS MACHINE
Missing main volume control knob. Received in this condition it can not be used.

At this time I want to point out there are THREE IDENTICAL MACHINES listed above, 2 as parts only, one working very good. Plus the fourth machine as a different model but also a parts machine.

CIRO GUILLOTINE TAPE SPLICER. Works reasonably good. This is not the M-3 Special. This is the very basic model with NO knurled knobs for making adjustments. It does NOT have clamp springs to hold film in position across the matrix.

Total package contents: 4 projectors & 1 splicer.

No films.

Recommend local pickup or delivery within the southern Massachusetts area only. Otherwise, these are heavy shipping will be expensive.

If you collect super 8 as well and would like to work a trade, I'd be interested in super 8 features in exchange not including postage.

Private email replies.

chipgelmini@yahoo.com

|  IP: Logged

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2008 03:36 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update Feb 5th 2008

No longer for sale. Decided to be more patient and have since made some further progress. Yay!

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2008 05:23 AM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Chip
Stay with 16mm at least you can get parts for 16mm projectors.
8 and super 8 is fine but try to find the parts and even the belts.
I do 16mm projector repair. I tryed to do 8mm What a pain in the ***.
Sounds like you got took when you got the 16mm parts machine.
Most Bell & Howells use the same parts you might want to rob Peter to pay Paul to get these working again
If you need help
E email me at patchetts@ameritech.net

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted February 08, 2008 02:09 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, stick with it , Chip.
16mm is neither better than nor inferior to 8mm - its just different!!

-Mike

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2008 11:16 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll never give up on super 8 sound! I already own 145 features and I am awaiting the arrival of a brand new print of Jurrasic Park. I do not have the space to collect alot of 16mm prints. I'd like to start off by summer with a couple, then turn them around for other prints by xmas this year. Super 8 magnetic sound has very good playback...I run it through Dolby Pro Logic with Carver power amps....with the st1200HD's the sound can be fantastic on James Cameron's Titanic or the Abyss.

What I do like about 16mm is the Bell and Howell classroom machines have 20 watt output for sound. They weren't kidding when they say "booming sound." Plus, 16mm is alot easier to see when working on the film prints. At 47, I have glasses with bifocals....16mm really does make a difference on the editing bench!

Thank you for the input.....keep it coming.

CG

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC