8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Scope lenses and large reels:

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scope lenses and large reels:
Richard Fullerton
Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2012 07:21 AM      Profile for Richard Fullerton   Email Richard Fullerton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there fellow enthusiasts,
I was a bit bored today, so I whipped out my scope print of On Her Majesty's Secret Service (My favourite Bond) and screened it. Sure, I sat there chuckling at the squashed-up cars (I have a non-scope lens you see) but when we got to the love scene,due to my stupid lens, Diana Rigg looked so ruddy fat. THIS WILL NOT STAND.
I've already got one scope Bpnd film, and I will likely soon be receiving another. I'm looking for a scope (anamorphic) lens for my projector. I have a Bell and Howell projector. The handle says 1680, but on the label itself it says that the model is a 1680 GS. Does anybody here have a scope lens that would fit this model?
I know there is one being advertised below this thread, but I am looking for a future potential purchase. I have a couple of possible films to deal with before I am aware of a budget.
So.. any possible takers?
On a slightly different, yet less important note, does anybody have any large, relatively inexpensive 16mm film cans? Designed to fit actual spools, not cores. I'd be looking for 3-6 2000 - 2200 reel fitting cans. Plastic or metal.
Regards,
Richard. [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 21, 2012 05:32 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard
I suggest you look out for a Proskar anamorphic lens, it's small and light weight, and with a suitable adaptor ring will screw into the front of your Bell & Howell lens thus obviating the need of a bracket to hold it.

You may be very lucky to actually buy a lens complete with a B & H adaptor, however, I see that SRB are still in business and will probably be able to supply.

http://www.srb-griturn.com/camera-adaptors-306-c.asp

--------------------
Maurice

Richard Fullerton
Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2012 05:22 AM      Profile for Richard Fullerton   Email Richard Fullerton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there Maurice, thanks for the information.
I'm afraid I haven't much knowledge of this area of film collecting, and I'm not quite sure which adaptor on that website would be suitable for the 1680GS. Would you perhaps mind pointing it out for me?
Oooo... actually. I found this lens here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B-H-ANAMORPHIC-LENS-ADAPTER-16-MM-MOVIE-FILM-PROJECTOR-DSLR-CAMERA-/290822800295?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%2 6asc%3D13774%26meid%3D3810837374708674276%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1080%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D300671785741%26#shId
It says that it is for B and H's 500/1500 series projectors. Does anybody know whether this would function (fit onto) a B and H 1680GS?
And there is a bit of scratching on the lens. Could it be serious enough to actually affect the image?
Thanks all, and Maurice,
Richard.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2012 11:30 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For that much money, you can get one in perfect shape. Just be patient. They turn up regularly.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 02, 2012 06:03 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not being sure what can be used with what, I need to ask again

I've gotten an email with an offer to buy brackets for Elmo ST-1200 for using scope lenses. Will everything work with the brackets or is there different sizes I need to look for?

Will 16mm lenses be the same?

Thanks

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 05, 2012 03:18 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard

This is the Proskar which I referred to. You can see how small it is and because it is so light (compared with most anamorphic lenses) it can be screwed straight onto the front of a Bell & Howell 1680 prime 2" lens, without the need of a supporting bracket.

As I said, a threaded adapter is also needed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Proskar-Ishico-Anamorphic-16-2x-lens-/300825834417?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460a9df3b1

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC