8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Moviscop 16mm or 8mm?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moviscop 16mm or 8mm?
Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2015 05:08 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I search 16mm version.
For you, this is a version for 16mm or 8mm?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Moviscop-Schneidegerat-Kellerfund-Dachbodenfund-selten-Vintage-Flohmarkt-/262205039682?hash=item3d0ca36442:g:VkgAAOSwNyFWeoQS

It have square pins (typical of 16mm) on arms, but the pieces of viewer are small...
The seller does not know.

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 28, 2015 03:33 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately the pictures are not very clear, but one which shows the rollers seems to show that are not wide enough to be for 16mm.
I therefore consider it to be for standard 8.
Why not ask the seller to measure the width of the rollers?

--------------------
Maurice

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2015 08:43 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Maurice, I had noticed that the rollers are too thin to be 16mm.
I ask at seller the measures!

Charles Peich
Junior

- posted December 28, 2015 09:54 AM      Profile for Charles Peich   Email Charles Peich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Luigi,

Maurice is correct on the size of the film for the moviscop you are interested in on eBay, it's an 8mm Moviscop.

This is an enlargement from a pic in the eBay offering. This is the 8mm version of the Moviscop.

-

The next 2 pictures show the 16mm version of the Moviscop.

-

-

The 16mm version, on later models, has a pressure pad for the purpose of preventing the image from drifting in and out of focus as the film passes over the curved film track. I'm not sure if that feature was on the 8mm version, the one you are interested in does not show it. If you are looking for the 16mm version, you want to make sure the viewer has this pressure pad, the picture will not pop out of focus when you stop pulling film through the viewer.

--------------------
Charlie

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2015 01:01 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Charlie, yet not I send mail to the seller, but now I know how to look good for this viewer.

I'm looking only for the 16mm version, but it is more rare, and those who have it asking too much (from 80 to 100 Euros just for the viewer or EUR 150 for viewer and arms is a bit 'too!)
I hope to find a late-model with the pressure, it is a useful function, for as I have explained.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2015 02:16 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Luigi
You would do better to look for a Muray 16mm viewer. They are more plentiful and have better features- ie a bigger screen and a focusing device. You could most probably get one cheaper than a Moviscop too.

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2015 02:52 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yours is a good suggestion, Terry, in fact in my research of the viewer 16mm I also found some Muray 16mm, and really seems that it is even better of Moviescop.
Now, I are negotiating with a seller to have it, in less than 80 Euros, I hope that he accpet, although at the moment he is not convinced.
For now it's ok even also the viewer and not the arms.

In argument: I also have a Ferquin trifilm (this: http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010236#000000), but I don't have the exchangeable central bloc for the 16mm, but the arms are good for the 16 mm spool, in fact I use they for rewinding 16mm films..
If I had to find a Muray 16mm or other (only the viewer), and put it in the center of the two arms of Ferquin (then before the Ferquin), I would have difficulty for pulling the film?
This is because the viewer would be a little 'ahead of the arms and would not be precise horizontal line, but a curve.

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2015 03:15 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sirs, this add say "16mm":
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/VISIONNEUSE-TABLE-valisette-16-mm-MURAY-type-LUXE-Circa-1950-70-TBE-/181954668406?hash=item2a5d57e776:g:EvUAAOSwwE5WZeS-
But it really seems 8mm version.
I am wrong?

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2015 04:46 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Luigi
That viewer looks to be 8mm to me but the rewind arms are probably good for both 8mm and 16 mm as the sleeve for 8mm reels simply slide off so that 16mm reels can then be fitted. Pity about the viewer as that can only be used for 8mm.

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2015 08:25 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True, the arms may also hold the 16mm spools.

This, however, is clearly a sixteen, it is clearly seen the thickness of the rollers.
 -

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2015 09:08 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Luigi
This one looks to be 16mm but it's not the same one that you showed photos of before is it?

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2015 09:15 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, Terry, it's from another seller. [Smile]

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2015 09:17 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just bought (for 68 eur) the editor viewer + windings arms + case of the last pictures I've posted. The seller says it works well, we hope! I will be here to see how it will be affected.

I first ask here and not send me more photos from seller: the pins of the arms of this model are the usual "16mm" square shape?

P.S. Also included the splicer Muray who already had the same... if someone wants it, i sell for little price.

EDIT: Does anyone know the exact name of the model? And you know if and where I can find the manual?

[ December 30, 2015, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Luigi Castellitto ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC