8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Cheap MARC lamps

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cheap MARC lamps
Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2017 03:01 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just seen these. Bargain if in working order:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARC-300-16MM-PROJECTOR-LAMP-bnib-/152665047962?hash=item238b8bc39a:g:~h4AAOSwYSRZk0-z

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

|  IP: Logged

David Fouracre
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2017 08:55 AM      Profile for David Fouracre   Email David Fouracre   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One should always be aware of possible problems relating to these lamps. The GE Marc 300 Gemini) can be many years old " new old stock)and assurance for potential purchasers should be sought ie " is the lamp in it`s original packing with all leaflets" is the reflector protection still intact. If the protection film is missing, then the lamp has probably been run.
The risk I have found with these lamps (even fresh stock) can be a premature failure of the metal to glass seals connecting the arc tube. Know and trust the source of supply.
As stated elsewhere I recently aquired three of these lamps at a very low price, the cartons were sealed and the reflectors sealed
and each lamp was temp fitted and struck to ensure operation. You may be able to get an offer of refund against any immediate failure
After that it is pay your money and take your chance!

David

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC