8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » CALENDARS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CALENDARS
David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2006 10:54 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering if anyone within the 'industry' produces a calendar.

I don't recall ever having seen a film, projector, camera, or any other cine related calendars, or am I blind?

If there isn't one, it is a pity.

Any thoughts or info, anyone??

Dave.

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

|  IP: Logged

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2006 11:39 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Except for the usual calendars for certain films/cartoons/filmstars and the calendars with filmposters, I've only found this calendar with photos from
German Cinemas for 2007.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 22, 2006 11:29 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joerg,
I wonder if Juergen Lossau has ever thought of publishing a calendar based on the movie projector and movie camera photo's in his excellent books?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2006 04:20 PM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Say, Paul,

Now that really would be something worth having. It's exactly the sort of thing I had in mind, though I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Well voiced, Paul.

Dave.

--------------------
Dave.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2006 04:41 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just have this sudden image in my head of the Calendar Girls although in this case it would probably be the Super 8 boys......uggggghhhhh delete that thought......

Can you just imagine the fight between say Craig "super spool" and my "200ft short" [Big Grin]

Still it would be for charity [Wink]

But on a semi-serious note, looking at software such as IPhoto by Apple, we could produce our own and then distribute it as a pdf file so anyone can print it

--------------------
Tony

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2006 01:43 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would Mike's copy have to be specially boxed?

Dave.

--------------------
Dave.

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2006 01:45 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, it’s not the size that counts, it’s what you do with it. [Big Grin]

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 23, 2006 04:39 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh you are awful !
I think Gary at Derann would look nice in his party frock. He will thump me for that bless him....
My pal was in Cal Girls movie which he said was fun to be in. He was one of the video camera men, but the scene was cut from the flick. Just his luck.

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2006 07:27 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still think Paul's idea is a superb one.

Does anyone know Juergen Lossau well enough to actually put this idea to him? It could be ready for 2008, I'm sure!!! I would certainly purchase a few.

Maybe even one of the new 8mm film magazines might be interested in the idea.

Tony's idea could work too, but I do feel that it might be better if it were professionally reproduced, rather than just be available for downloading.

- Anyway, I think it is an idea worth pursuing.

--------------------
Dave.

Gary Brocklehurst
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2006 03:56 AM      Profile for Gary Brocklehurst   Email Gary Brocklehurst   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lee

Please give me a while to lose a little weight first! Seriously, I hope that Val and yourself had a great Christmas and I wish you both all the very best for 2007

Kindest Regards

Gary

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2007 07:19 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

BTW you can create your own calendar for 10 to 30 EUR by simply sending 13 digital photos (one for the title-page) to one of those "digital photo labs". You don't even have to shoot those photos yourself since you can find plenty of them on the internet, e.g. here:
Mondofoto
Super8Wiki

One of these calendars at pixelnet (German only, sorry)

Jörg

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2007 07:30 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds a good idea making a professional calender, but it can be risky if you print too many and they dont sell quick enough. Books dont have this problem as much.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 03, 2007 03:16 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the good wishes Gary and all the very best to you and yours. I am filming near Dudley on Thursday so may pop into Derann for a brew after lunch.

Happy days!

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2007 12:13 PM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone for your ideas and input. However, it does seem that the consensus of opinion is that there probably aren't enough takers to make it a viable proposition. Still, never mind, it was just an idea. - Would be nice, though. [Frown]

--------------------
Dave.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC