8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » GENERAL YAK

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GENERAL YAK
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 06, 2007 11:36 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A General yak is a rather high ranking Yak, much higher than say, Corporal Yak and most definitely higher than private Yak,

But anyone who wants to Yak about my privates is just a naughty boy!

Thank you Thank you, I'll be playing at the Palladium all week!!

(and doing an occasional Bar Mitsvah!!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted May 07, 2007 12:24 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, here is my take on General Yak from back in 2004;

"Ever notice yaks have big hooves and yetties have big feet. Yet yetties and yaks yearn for snowy peaks of powder where prints in paths are present. If yetties could talk I guess they would become yakkng yetties on powdered peaks present in paths with prints of big feet. What do you think?"

Maybe you could work it into your Bar Mitsvah gig! [Eek!]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 07, 2007 08:47 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And here's the original thread .

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 07, 2007 10:19 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm yakking on a bone!

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2007 10:36 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now if Jerry Sienfeld saw this thread, it'd be something like, YAKKA, YAKKA, YAKKA [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 07, 2007 04:20 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forget the yak,
Whats the difference between a buffalo & a bison??

You cant wash your hands in a buffalo [Big Grin]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 07, 2007 07:10 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure you can, but it's very VERY gruesome!

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2007 05:55 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What did the mountaineer say when he lifted the yak onto the cooker?
"Oh my baking Yak!" [Smile]
Why do Yetties never gamble?
"Tibet or not Tibet" [Big Grin]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 09, 2007 03:58 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Important facts of Yak

Once applied, lipstick will never rub off - even while scuba diving.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 09, 2007 10:04 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think we've gotten this down fairly well, we've gotten the yak!

There is another animal out there related to the yak called the Gag. Quite rare, but still found in south Ecuador.
They are a milk bearing animal, much like a goat. The milk is quite sweet, but hard to get out and you literally have to drain the Gag for just one glass.

I guess that's milking a Gag for all it's worth!

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 09, 2007 01:01 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We need a graemlin of a drummer doing a rim shot.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 09, 2007 05:02 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Course, the problem with Gag's is that they don't really like being milked, so you have to chase them down,

which would make them ...

Dare I say?

a RUNNING GAG?!

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2007 11:04 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the difference between a Bison and a Buffalo? Hmmmmm I really don't know. But I will take a guess.....

I know someone who tried to mix to dog breeds: A bull dog mixed with a Shihitzu.

They got a Bullshit.

RIM SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted May 10, 2007 02:56 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip, that reminds me of the old joke, what do you get when you cross a gorilla with a computer? Answer; A Harry Reasoner.

If you don't know who Harry was, here's the link;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Reasoner

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 10, 2007 12:25 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan - you should be more hip than that. LOL

The joke I wrote above I really don't know where it originated - however I heard it in the movie Dumb & Dumber with Jim Carey and Jeff Daniels. :-)

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted May 11, 2007 12:05 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Chip. I should have said "if anyone doesn't know who Harry Reasoner was". Wasn't sure if he had achieved international notariety, although I know gorillas and computers have. [Big Grin] Sounds like something out of the DaVinci Code. Remember the PBS Show "Connections? One invention or event was tied to another through time and then finally ending up as something in the present. It usually started with something like "a caveman was sinking up to his neck in mud and thinking it was all over". "Then his toe felt something solid and he realized he'd been saved from sinking any further by an underground rock". Through connecting this event to another as the centuries passed they connected to The Beatles in the Caverns, thus the advent of "Undeground Rock". [Eek!]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 11, 2007 05:04 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let it be known that Dan is a thilly person!

I'm gagging on that last joke.

Just let me get the "film" off my eyes.

Okay okay, it's time we got "reel" about this post.

After all, we do want to "project" the right image on this forum.

In fact, the thought of the opposite being true makes me want to "shutter".

But then all this should be seen thru the proper "lense".

Thilly thilly OSI!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC