8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The New Indiana Jones movie - running time (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The New Indiana Jones movie - running time
Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2008 12:39 PM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just found out that the new movie Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull runs for 122 minutes and 20 seconds, which is about the same time as the last movie. I had heard of an early cut that ran for about another 18 minutes, so we'll have to wait for the DVD and see what scenes were cut (if they show them all, that is!). Still whatever the running time, I'm looking forward to this film, as I saw a new trailer the other night, and it looks brilliant.

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2008 02:23 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,It's Lucas and Speilberg.We the public,know what's coming.Andy.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 07, 2008 04:00 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the trailer is anything to go by it looks like its made for the fans, full of action and humour "great stuff" however I cant believe its almost 20 years [Roll Eyes] since I watched "The Last Crusade" at the cinema.

Graham. [Smile]

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2008 05:44 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was that Harrison Ford on a Zimmer frame? [Roll Eyes] Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 07, 2008 06:09 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've been waiting for this one!

They wisely put the film about 10 to 15 years after "Last Crusade", allowing for Indy to show a little age.

... but a sixty year old Indy is better than twenty Wesley Snipes, Jean Claude Van Dames, ect!

... except for Clint Eastwood. He'd be tough at one hundred years old, in a wheel chair, with a loaded 45!

" I need someone to change my diaper, and none of that
"huggies" crap!! Rrrrrr! "

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted May 08, 2008 10:50 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
The film being released in theaters is 2 hours 20 minutes.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2008 12:29 PM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,

I got my timings of the British Film Classification website, and the film being released in the U.K. is 122 minutes and 20 seconds, I heard like you that it was going to be 2 hours and 20 minutes, so I'm a bit confused now, as the BBFC is always accurate with its timings as they also list the length of the films submitted. Go to the site on this link http://www.bbfc.co.uk/recent/index.php?media=film and look for yourself.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2008 05:24 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Unless the bbfc have made cuts to it?.Cant see that though.Andy.

Robert Wales
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2008 06:17 PM      Profile for Robert Wales   Email Robert Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe this rumour about a 2 hr 20 min cut came from a quote from John Williams who was quoted as saying he was composing a score for a 7 reel film. Much conjecture went around the net on movie websites & blogs that this was the longest of all the series without any real confirmation of the running time. But Barry' information is correct ; the film is just a little over two hours.

The film has also been classified here in the province of Ontario at the same running time and is also listed in the program schedule for this year's Cannes Film Festival on their website.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 08, 2008 06:43 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking on Eastwood, I've mentioned to someone who sort of knows him that he must create one more "man with no name" film. In keeping with the latest revivals, another such western or Dirty Harry would be a treat

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 08, 2008 07:41 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would really LOVE to see the Eastwood in one more Western!

That's the cool thing about westerns, you can be an older star and still make a hellova great film of it!

--------------------

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 09, 2008 03:08 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah... and it'll be titled Shootout at the 'OK Corral' Nursing Home [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 09, 2008 09:23 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SMILE when you say them thar words, pardner!

(click)

--------------------

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 09, 2008 10:35 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was that a gun clicking or did you just snap your third teeth into place? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted May 09, 2008 12:27 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I'm serious. He did well with pale Rider and The Unforgiven as he got older. I think if he reunites himself with both Eli Wallach, from the leone days and Bruce Dern, the saddle pal from Rawhide, the nostalgia alone would do it also the fact that these guys still have the strength to carry one more off - Hell, I'm a union actor and would be in it for nothing

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2008 05:41 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're a union man?

So am I, and I work 16 hours a day.

(Over to you for the next line, Shorty.)

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 09, 2008 06:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey you guys, I just lucked into a 4 foot by 6 foot babber of "Indiana Jonbes and the Kingdom of the Crystal skull".

It's a plastic banner that was put out in full color by Kelloggs foods, (the only mention of Kelloggs is just thier logo), and I got two of them in the bargain.

Drool people!!

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 09, 2008 07:25 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony,

But a union man only works eight hours a day......

Shorty, the punch line is all yours!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted May 09, 2008 08:04 PM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we got our print in the film library ready for the opening may 22 and the running time is 122 minutes.

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 10, 2008 10:28 AM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But a union man only works eight hours a day......
I work for 2 unions!

Lance Alspaugh
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2008 03:27 AM      Profile for Lance Alspaugh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gentlemen, Chaps, (any ladies)- As we own and operate theaters out here in Los Angeles, I can tell you witout question the movie runs 122 minutes and is a fairly good entertaining movie at that. Especially if you compare it to some of the garbage we have all had to sit through of late. Won't spoil anything here, some of it you may know already. But its not like any of the 3 films before it and Harrison Ford (hes 66 this July) is to be commended for this effort. Enjoy it please!

LA

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 20, 2008 02:04 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I "helped" a theater owner this afternoon to check his print. Ah, the fresh smell of polyester when you rip the sealed bag...
The movie's fun, there are some really cool ideas and it's quite entertaining (which isn't too bad), but there's a lack of pacing and some sluggish scenes which make you go, "yeah, that was ok" instead of going "Wow! That was Great!" Good thing they cut these 18 minutes out.

But the jungle car chase is pure Spielberg.

Now I can crawl back into my hole and wait for the release of Wall-E.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 20, 2008 02:11 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yessir!!

WALL-E!!!
WALL-E!!!
WALL-E!!!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2008 09:41 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just came from INDIANA JONES and I loved it. Maybe it's because I'm a simple person and wonder why anyone would complain about it. I was really looking forward to this one more than anything else and it wasn't a disappointment at all. I've seen all the others at the theater and it was a pleasure to finally see a new INDY film.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 25, 2008 10:14 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the film yesterday at the Ziegfeld, what I consider to be the finest movie theater in New York City. It was a great experience, but the sluggishness that Jean-Marc refers to definitely weighs the film down. Another ten or so minutes of cuts would've worked nicely.
There are some very clever references to the earlier Indy films, and a major plot point that's very similar to "Quatermass and the Pit".

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC