8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » video projector help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: video projector help
Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2008 02:31 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the model Panasonic AX200U.

When I have the aspect ratio set to AUTO and a cinemascope dvd is in the player (the player set to 16:9) sometimes when playing the disc, it jumps between 4:3 and 16:9 this is very distracting and annoying when it happens.

It does not happen on all discs, just certain ones.

I am trying to figure out if this is disc encoding issues or projector related.

Connection cables is S-video.

When I do switch it to 16:9 (from auto) it stays good for the presentation.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

~CG~

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 29, 2008 02:58 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip,
This sounds like a possible problem with your DVD player. Hook up another player and see if the problem is still there.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2008 05:56 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be the Panasonic projector: I don't like the auto wide screen selection. You should over-ride it to 16 x 9. I believe the projector mis-reads light and dark scenes sometimes as a change in format and jumps to what it thinks is the required format. My Panasonic also defaults the settings on each source. So, if you have set everything up on component, for instance, change to s-video and all the settings, including widescreen selection, are back at the factory settings so you have to do them again. I have memory presets on mine ( AE2000E ) so can jump to those. Not a fault.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2008 11:32 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steven

Thank you for the information about memory presets. My Panny has FAVORITES as a button on the remote. When I read the manual, it showed me how to pick a flat or scope setting and retain it for easy selection later.

It appears to have helped quite alot. So, Thank You for that tip.

~ Chip G ~

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC