8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Outdoor film projections on CBS news!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Outdoor film projections on CBS news!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 04, 2009 06:11 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We were watching CBS news tonight and they had a story, at the end of the show, about people going out with they're projectors and doing outdoor film shows.

I was making our nightly salads and didn't catch the whole name, but someone by name of "Young" was doing the show.

Could this be our own "Rob Young" perhaps? If so, I'd love to know.

Great Story!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Chris Smith
Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2009 06:33 PM      Profile for Chris Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was my friend John Young and his Guerilla Drive-In held in my hometown of West Chester, Pa. John uses an old Eiki 16mm mounted on the sidecar of his BMW cycle. That particular night featured BACK TO THE FUTURE, and the crowd of several hundred watched on the roof of a downtown parking garage. To add to the atmosphere of the event, the real county courthouse clock tower was visible just a few blocks away.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 04, 2009 08:25 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the news:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/04/eveningnews/main5214374.shtml

winbert

--------------------
Winbert

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2009 08:44 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that too; it was great to see 16mm featured in action on national news in the year 2009!
Hit-and-run screenings.... [Big Grin]

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 04, 2009 10:39 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A portable 35mm with 6000ft capacity would be better [Wink] .

Graham. [Smile]

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2009 07:09 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I disagree that a film projector is "simple equipment", as stated on that CBS website. A DVD player is simple.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC