8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » 8mm Forum FAQ..... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 8mm Forum FAQ.....
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 03, 2010 06:59 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,

I too received a film with three staples in a row parallel inline with the film. They were in the head leader. Yikes!!! I found them before they went through he projector.

I use Film Guard too! It is amazing that some collectors used WD 40 and even Armorall. They have told me they have used these products for years with no repercussions. [Eek!]

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2010 07:17 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since where on the subject of staples...

I was showing the 200' silent print of Tarzan's 'Savage Fury' that I had obtained in a collection and at the very end of the reel the previous owner had folded the end of the film and stapled it in order to keep it in the reel I guess...I was luckly right beside the projector and saw it coming (I actually knew it was there!) and I grabbed the end of the film just before it went into the gate and stopped the projector cold but it took me a few seconds to shut the motor off and the thing (a Bell & Howell 346) has run kinda slow ever since. I have replaced the belt on it and it's better but I don't think it's quite right. I think jamming it up like that screwed it up. But I saved the gate!

To get back on topic... I can't wait to become a Jedi Master Film Handler [Big Grin]

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted February 04, 2010 03:38 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use Filmguard myself.

However, if Kodak proved that WD40 leeches colour out of the print over time, I guess it has to be perfectly safe to use on B&W prints.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC