8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » 35 mm cinemascope trailer in Germany

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 35 mm cinemascope trailer in Germany
Andreas Borutta
Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2010 06:45 AM      Profile for Andreas Borutta   Email Andreas Borutta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,as I have introduced myself in the 8 mm section, I am new here on this forum,but I am a movie fan all my live. But my question is about 35mm ,and so I will post it here.
During the fifties and sixties,when a film came new from the studios and it was in cinemascope or 70 mm, the trailer was again only in cs. No flat trailers were made from cs movies during this time. In the seventies some companys changed to flat,but most trailers were still made only in cs. From the beginning of the eighties,all companys changed to flat trailers.
Almost no cs trailers were released. Only a handful. In the late nineties the companies slouly come back with cs,one of the first were the 3 Star Wars re-release trailers in 1997.
In the time now most trailers are still in flat, but the companys add up to three cs trailers in front of their new feature.
My question to the forum is, did they made any cs trailers during the fifties up to the seventies in the USA ?
The few old trailers,I got from the USA are all in flat.
Maybe there are some trailer lovers here in this forum,then it is perhaps a interesting information, that there were only cs trailers from cs movies here in germany.
Many greetings from germany
Andreas

|  IP: Logged

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2010 09:07 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have two 35MM trailers from the 80's in cinemascope where the film was in 1.85: White Nights (1985) and Fatal Attraction (1987). And these are original US trailers, subtitled in Swedish. And as far as I recall they where not attached to a feature.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2010 03:29 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For early trailers it is just the opposite. Many trailers were released flat as there were more theaters with only flat lenses, setups. Then they started attaching trailers to features. A flat film attached to a scope feature would be converted. And vice versa.

Andreas Borutta
Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2010 11:56 AM      Profile for Andreas Borutta   Email Andreas Borutta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Lars goran
thank you for answering me. Nice ,that you have 2 cs trailers from the eighties. Even I have only less then 10 trailers in cs from this decade,but much more than 100 cs trailers from the seventies. Did they made many cs trailers during the seventies in Sweden?
Many greetings from germany
Andreas

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC