8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » computer graphics animation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: computer graphics animation
Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2011 09:45 AM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings
For your enjoyment!

This is the first one done with computer graphics.
Lots can be done with computer graphics that would be far more expensive to do in drawn animation.

For instance.......note the reflection in the stainless tanker as it speeds past the rock-face.

The computer graphics look good! And it still has that old Roadrunner fun.

Only 3 minutes, but it's 3 minutes of fun if you do not mind going on a Web-site!

http://www.wimp.com/looneytoons/

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 11, 2011 10:36 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Decent gags ...

No matter what the technology, if you don't have the gags to back it up, it's just a tool. I have a whole RR cartoon scripted with a very modern, slightly naughty, last gag, but I'm not in the busniess, so ... whatever.

However, I feel the same as I do when I see MIckey Mouse in CGI ...

It really doesn't work for me.

There was something about the slit second timing of Chuck Jones and his work, which makes his specific cartoons so fascinating to this very day. I still study them, frame by frame and learn new things.

... and hey, back in the 80's (when you could still get ahold of him before he recieved his second dose of fame before his death), we used to coorespond back and forth about animation in general. I still have in a frame somewhere, the pencil sketch he did of "Bugs Brunhilde Bunny" that he did for me and it makes me sad looking back, but happy all at the same time.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2011 02:06 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that Richard. Hadn't seen RR cartoon in many, many years. I forgot how good they were! (Are)

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 11, 2011 02:10 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meep Meep!! [Eek!] Meep Meep!! [Roll Eyes]

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted April 11, 2011 03:57 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very squeaky clean and the characters look like animated stuffed animals.

Richard C Patchett
Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2011 06:48 PM      Profile for Richard C Patchett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings
I also enjoyed Chuck Jones and his work.
The Road Runner was my faviorte
Beep Beep!

--------------------
RC’s Classic Collection
16 mm Parts & Service
Elmo, Eiki, Bell & Howell +
http://www.rcsclassic16mm.com/

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 12, 2011 06:53 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My real name is Dan Romeo Bonaparte Yellowbird Avocados Lail...but you can call me Dan.
[Big Grin]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC