8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Is it me or.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it me or.....
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 19, 2011 09:57 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....do threads and individual posts keep on dissappearing lately?????
What gives??
[Confused]

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 19, 2011 10:16 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

It's you!

Actually, I've only deleted one post recently because I felt it was a personal attack on a Forum member.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted April 19, 2011 10:25 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most musicians, like Michael and myself, are interested in hearing the works of other musicians - especially when we know them.

I was only inquiring about where we could find samples or examples of the many areas of expertise that were made public.

Chris Smith
Film Handler

- posted April 19, 2011 10:26 AM      Profile for Chris Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,
Are you referring to the "Occupations" post? It looked like it could be an interesting series.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 19, 2011 10:30 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I have that music video up on Utube (in early June) I'll post a link to it. [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 19, 2011 02:36 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Are you referring to the "Occupations" post? It looked like it could be an interesting series.
No, Sorry Chris, I don't agree with you. Whatever is our occupation, is not other people business.

--------------------
Winbert

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 19, 2011 02:38 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I wanted to know what the Intense Humorist was, in case I was one.
[Big Grin]

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted April 20, 2011 09:57 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert wrote.....

quote:
No, Sorry Chris, I don't agree with you. Whatever is our occupation, is not other people business.
Winbert, there is a post here titled "What Line Of Work Are You In". It's four pages long. So, looks like some members don't mind discussing their occupation(s).

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 20, 2011 10:22 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always find it curious. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that many collectors are in the entertainment business in some way, shape or form.

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted April 20, 2011 11:08 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This post reminds me of the old commercial, "Is it real, or is it Memorex?" [Big Grin]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 20, 2011 11:17 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
there is a post here titled "What Line Of Work Are You In". It's four pages long. So, looks like some members don't mind discussing their occupation(s)
Here is the link that Dan states:

What line of work are you in?

Dan, in the above thread respective occupation is explained by respective members. So members describe themselves, not the opposite, i.e a member tells another member's occupation, which I think is inappropriate.

--------------------
Winbert

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2011 01:25 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa! Always exasperted when like-minded people find some reason or another to rile each other, especially when some kind of coda is used rather than just speaking openly and honestly.

Personally, I think this kind of nonsense alienates good natured people from joining what is, essentially, a really good humoured and informative forum.

Thank goodness we have excellent, well balanced modertors here.

Oh, and curiculum vitae for the last week...not that I care, but just in case anyone thinks I don't exist, or may be "trying it on";

Cameraman on this;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b010hcvj/Late_Kick_Off_North_West_2011_Episode_13/

Cameraman on this;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b010hcrw/The_Politics_Show_North_West_17_04_2011/[/ URL]

And Sound recordist on this;

[URL=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/football_focus/9462589.stm]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/football_focus/9462589.stm

And thanks for your continued and valued moderation here.

EDIT: I've just read this post...

"What happened to all the great horror actors..."

Seriously? What? This started out as a seemingly well intended post which I was interested in replying to. It seems to have developed into the "Let's have a Serious Debate" forum!!!

Eek! Not that I don't have strong views with either side...much as I'm tempted to contribute...but, seriously guys, let's delete this nonsense and get back to discussing film???

Honestly..life is hard enough... [Frown]

Personally, I'd be happy to see all this rubbish deleted from our forum... "with peace and love, peace and love..." [Roll Eyes]

[ April 20, 2011, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Rob Young. ]

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 20, 2011 08:46 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed, Rob.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 21, 2011 01:34 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This started out as a seemingly well intended post which I was interested in replying to. It seems to have developed into the "Let's have a Serious Debate" forum!!!

...but, seriously guys, let's delete this nonsense and get back to discussing film???

Rather OTT, don't you think!!??
Osi started the "Horror Actors" thread and Osi changed topic midstream - I was simply replying to his posts.

Sometimes this happens, folks. It's no big deal.
I think you'll find that this forum very much still discusses film.
If there's a particular debate anyone doesn't agree with, then they don't need to get involved - simple as that.
BTW, the General Yak area is for non-film related chat [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 21, 2011 10:25 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey wait a minute, the Horror actors post is a different post entire, though I admitted on that series a posts that it went off track. That happens a lot ... oh well ...

So, for humors sake, lets "jump posts"

What was the name of that early 1980's horror film that managed to have Vincent Price, Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing (and I think one more famous horror actor) all in one delicious horror/suspense film?

They were listed as the top actors when it came out, (just some new fresh faces had "top Billing" but as time progressed, this film became known for it's last time all would be seen in one film together).

They were all in some dark disturbing mansion and I think Price and Lee were brothers.

What was the title? I caught the tail end of it a few weeks ago, but didn't get the name.

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2011 11:00 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi - Would it be "Scream and Scream Again"? This actually starred all three horror legends.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 21, 2011 12:33 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

That was the excellent Pete Walker movie THE HOUSE OF THE LONG SHADOWS.
It had Lee, Cushing, Price, John Carradine and the equally cool Sheila Keith.
It's a film I've been trying to track down on 16 for years.

PS: Keith,
You are, of course, also correct - all three appeared in SASG also, though it was much earlier - early 70's wasn't it?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 21, 2011 01:39 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
House of Long Shadows!

That's it! I really liked the movie, but I think it came out at a time that most young people were getting into the whole slasher film "era" and old fashioned terror/horror was departing from us, (almost makes me misty eyed!)

I'd forgotten, Carradine! That was the other master of the macabre!

There HAS to be a 16MM out there somewhere and due to when it came out, a good chance of an L.P.P. print of it as well.

Is it out on DVD? I'd love to see it uninterrupted without all those blasted commercials!

--------------------

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 21, 2011 01:56 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'House of the Long Shadows' does exist on 16mm but must be ultra rare. The only reason I know is that it was screened at a festival I went to about 15 years ago and I saw the film and the projector. The 35mm release in the UK was almost non-existent; I recall it opening in London and I don't think it was allowed to run for even a whole week.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2011 02:02 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, have a look here;

http://thesoundofvincentprice.blogspot.com/2010/03/house-of-long-shadows-finally-gets.html

Although it must have been a limited release as it is really hard to find!
VHS versions on Amazon still sell at £40!!!

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 21, 2011 02:24 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
.....LONG SHADOWS - I actually projected a 35mm print back in my days in the box in Ireland. Two nights only.

Adrian,
That 16mm print - was this a UK festival?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 22, 2011 10:26 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanX Rob, for that link.

I'll pick up a copy! I hope it will be in widescreen and not just the TV print cirling around.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC