8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Another Earthquake (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Another Earthquake
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted August 25, 2011 01:27 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And we had an earthquake here on the East coast of the USA yesterday -- surprised that no one mentioned it.

Well, you were unfortunate in that the East Coast earthquake happened in the shadow of the Derann tragedy.
[Wink]

I'm glad to hear there was no major damage caused, Tony.

|  IP: Logged

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2011 02:09 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I heard of the quake in the USA hope anyone who was affected is ok, Ive been shaking around down here with Graham as well, by business was closed for 6 months and now is finally open again (cinema) and I have been lucky in the fact that the insurance has been kind as well.

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 25, 2011 03:55 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope everyone is OK and you do not get hit with a follow on series of strong aftershocks.

Graham.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 09, 2011 03:01 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well folks yesterday my wife and I went shopping and after a lull for a few weeks the cafe shook to a 4.8 the lady at the next table said to me ...that was a good one [Eek!] ...Tonight mother nature just gave us another kick in the pants to an even stronger one 5.5 and it was close [Eek!] . The house did its usual thing "shake rock and roll" but no liqufaction [Smile] and with a new "flexy" mains pipe on the street water is still flowing [Cool]

So folks who would like to buy a our "bouncy castle" so we can get out of this place [Roll Eyes]

Graham.

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2011 06:46 AM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sorry to hear you have been hit again by another quake. It must be really horrifying for you all. I visited NZ a few years ago doing an APT tour and stayed in Christchurch a couple of days. We had no idea it was an earthquake zone. I do hope you all keep safe and are able to move to another area. The only comparison I can make with how it must feel like is living through the London Blitz, the "doodlebugs" and rockets when I was a kid. My very best wishes to you all, Ken

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 09, 2011 08:31 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Graham

Not again? I'm glad your all it OK. I might consider buying your home as I like living "on the edge". Is the home theater and equipment included in the sale? I don't mean to take this lightly just trying to cheer you up.

God Bless

Pat D

[ October 09, 2011, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Pasquale DAlessio ]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 09, 2011 12:47 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Ken

Pat Our home cinema is still working, last week I finished putting extra brackets to secure things that might still fall over..glad I did [Smile] Pat our house "the bouncy castle" is yours [Big Grin]

I phoned work last night and our projectionist was threading "Real Steel" on the Bauer at the time, he said that he hung onto it "thats the projector I am taking home when the place closes" and watched everything else in the projection room do the bounce and shake act. Its funny that cinema is the only one in the city that has taken three major hits countless aftershocks survived talk of shutting down for the last 12 years that I have been there and has kept going. However in the coming months its to come down. I wonder if it will survive that [Roll Eyes] its been very very lucky so far [Smile]

Graham.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 09, 2011 12:52 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham

You and your family and the cinema will be in my prayers.

PatD

[ October 10, 2011, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: Pasquale DAlessio ]

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2011 05:23 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was in the supermarket last night when that 5.5 hit shook like hell!
All good though, however one of the projectors at the cinema moved a bit and am in the process of crow-bar-ing it back into it's old spot! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC