8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » It's Christmas Day!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's Christmas Day!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 25, 2011 10:36 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, a quickie post for this special day!

We have opened our presents, and apparantly "CARS 2" is the winner for our boy, as not only us, but all the family got him mainly Cars 2 merchendise!

We will be headed over to the Mother in laws (whimpier, sob) in about an hour, and then, this afternoon, it's back to the house for Christmas Ham with my special cherry glaze! Not to mention my favorite recipie of Scalloped potato's!

... and tonight?

Goodwill to Men (scope MGM cartoon) Drann release, I believe ...
The Little Match Girl 8 min. (LPP Derann re-release of the 1938 Columbia Classic!)
The Littlest Angel 15 min. (Blackhawk release of the Coronet Color classic LPP)
How the Animals Discovered Christmas 14 min. (Blackhawk, Eastman, slight fade, but a rarity of another original Coronet classic)
A Walt Disney Christmas 16 min. (400ft Agfa)
The Small One 26 min. Derann/Disney release LPP ... classic!

ThanX Derann, for supply so nobly to the enjoyment of our holiday! (Thats one for Gary and the folks! Merry Christmas Gary!)

After all, what's Christmas without a proper screening?!

Merry Christmas to all!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 25, 2011 10:55 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas everyone!

Osi,

While driving the other day I was playing a Christmas playlist from my iPod through the car speakers and your song "A Merry Christmas" came on. One of the passengers listened carefully and asked "Is this ELO?"
I never made that connection, but It does have that Jeff Lynne type arrangement. Damn catchy!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 25, 2011 01:34 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I'm honored, my song on your Ipod, and you just gave me the best compliment I could ever ask for, as I am a great admirer of Jeff Lynne and ELO. Just wait until you hear the revamp of my first Album "RETRO" when I release.

I completely remade the album with my new Roland XP60 and, along with many a string arrangement on it, there are some not so subtle nods to the Beatles, (Strawberry Fields especially!).

Once again, thanX Doug, and a Merry Christmas to ya.

Oh, by the way, were back from the Mother in Law. Half a lung dead, (she smokes A LOT!), but OK!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC