8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Who is ebay seller "framespersecond"?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who is ebay seller "framespersecond"?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 05, 2012 04:09 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a super 8 print from this person who stated that the print has "nice color" and the damned thing is beet red! Grrr!

Who is this person?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 05, 2012 04:41 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see the link, Osi.

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2012 07:42 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

Check you PayPal records, it'll tell you the name of the person that received the payment. He's from Rhode Island.

Good luck

Jon

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2012 09:26 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a purchase from this seller a few years ago, and it was fine -- and B&W!

Um, well, red is a really really nice color, isn't it?

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2012 02:11 AM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought my Tech 16mm print of Jack the Giant Killer from him a few years ago. Don't remember his name but if you are unhappy with your purchase you should say so. I'm surprised he would say it has nice color and it was red. He seems knowledgeable about film.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 06, 2012 06:57 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's Richard Janetta, as far as I know. His reputation is pretty good.

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2012 07:16 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
for what it's worth, I've gotten several things from him over the years and never had a problem.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 06, 2012 01:10 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got a quick reply from him, and I'll be mailing it back, so it looks to be a good situation.

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 06, 2012 01:13 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got a link, Osi?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 12, 2012 02:17 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kind of strange ...

I saw that he has already re-listed it (with a revised "color faded" on the description), and ending very soon. He must have re-listed it when I stated that I had mailed it back, and while I did in fact mail it back on the day, I haven't received my money back yet. Hmmmm.

Just seems a little scary to relist something before you actually have it back in your actual hands.

Oh yes, and just to verify, it is Richard Janetta. I sent him an e-mail to see if he just forgot to do the refund.

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 12, 2012 02:45 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Copy and paste... that 's how you make a link here Osi.

That is very simple.

Talking something without providing a link reference is pretty useless...

Sorry to say that Osi

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 14, 2012 12:51 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No offense taken. His auction neded on that without a bid. He wrote back to say that this was a second print of the same title. That could be possible.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 15, 2012 12:47 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ENDGAME ...

Happy to report that he did in fact get his print back and my money was refunded yesterday!

--------------------

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 15, 2012 01:18 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done. Rick is a good man. I have dealt with him in the past. [Wink]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC