8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Cannes Film Festival

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cannes Film Festival
Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 21, 2012 11:31 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I've mentioned in a couple of threads that my son Darrin Glesser is an actor. Well, we just found out that a short film "Carousel" (actually shot on 35mm film) that my son starred in made it into the Cannes Film Festival. He was just in Cannes on vacation a week before the festival started and didn't know the film would be shown there. Obviously I am a proud mom and very excited about this. You can watch the trailer at http://vimeo.com/22712087.

-

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3305302/

[ May 21, 2012, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 21, 2012 12:19 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
KNOCK,KNOCK ,KNOCK......"You're on in ten minutes" could be
the curtain call not just consigned to the Muppets.Well done
to Darrin and congrats Janice.A Star Is Born.

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2012 03:53 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's great to hear!!! I hope it wins a prize and helps your son get some bigger roles. I can see where he got his talent from!!

Bill [Smile]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 21, 2012 04:43 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent Janice you must be a proud mum, hope more roles open up for him.

Graham.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted May 21, 2012 04:44 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great news. It's always good to hear about success in the arts.
[Smile]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 22, 2012 12:55 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Hugh, Bill, Graham, and Michael for the kudos and encouragement. It's little successes like this that help get more exposure for an actor... hopefully leading to more work.

The quality of the production was a major reason Darrin took the role. It was filmed on location at a real carnival in Southern California and beautifully shot on 35mm film. Two of the character's dialog was spoken in French with subtitles... which I'm sure gave the short movie a more international appeal for inclusion in the festival.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC