8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Ebay's New Policy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ebay's New Policy
Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2012 06:33 PM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On ebay's new buyer protection policy,Why don't they let me use paypal as a back-up payment since I'm already using paypal to pay my fees there.They want me to use a credit card or am I doing something wrong.Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 23, 2012 08:23 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paypal is the first and only payment allowed by EBay rules. If your checking acct that is linked to your paypal doesn't have enought money to cover the transaction, they use the CC and charge the needed amt. to it. It can also be used to pay any fees if there is not enough money in the linked account.

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2012 08:35 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat, there are a few other e-payment options.

Here is a link to the "accepted payments policy" page

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted May 24, 2012 03:27 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the correction Wayne. But I wouldn't be surprised if EBay owns them also!

PatD

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2012 08:09 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still take checks or money orders from people when they ask [Big Grin]

The other forms of e-payments are either for real businesses or so obscure no one uses them anyhow...so in a sense...PayPal IS the only for of e-payment.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 26, 2012 09:22 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I even take cash in the envelope. No paypal fees [Big Grin]

Wayne...nocheck is working. I found that one 8mm Ebay seller in UK (rajket) is using this.

Plus "Credit card or debit card processed through the seller's Internet merchant account" is widely used too.

So basically paypal is not alone.

ps: in Canada we have INTERAC which works similar to paypal but using bank account instead of credit card.

--------------------
Winbert

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2012 10:11 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ebay is a nightmare for sellers nowadays. The feedback system is a joke as you cannot leave a negative for an awful buyer. Recently I sold a none working laptop, which included Ebays own 'spares or repairs' template clearly stating does not work etc. I also reiterated in the ad that the laptop did not work. Anyway it sold, within a few days the monies paid by the buyer had been pulled from my Paypal account as the buyer, get this, complained that the item did'nt work!?! WHAT! And Ebay allowed her moan to escalate almost to the point of her keeping the machine and the purchase money being returned to her. As a 100% positive Ebayer I did not want any come back, as she could have left me a spiteful negative for no reason. The trouble with Ebay is that it suggests to a certain minority , known as the microscope brigade, that all sellers are businesses offering warrantees and brand new items. The credo that Ebay was a place to buy and sell has long gone. One day Ebay/Paypal will dissapear up their own collective........

John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2012 12:18 PM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,
I share your views about eBay. It's so heavily weighted towards the buyer that I'm surprised that this hasn't been challenged legally as an unfair and unenforcible form of contract.
Being held to ransom because a buyer is too stupid or lazy to read the listing details is unacceptable

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC