8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » It's official, STAR WARS fans!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's official, STAR WARS fans!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 08, 2013 01:57 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, all three of the main characters will be back for the sequel! They've all signed on, harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher!

Mark will probably fair best in the "age factor" as he can be a older jedi now with a beard and still kick ass! Maybe they'll have Han Solo and Leia "Solo" Organa (?), as happy grandparants getting they're kids out of trouble?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2013 06:28 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm excited for the new movies to come out. I just hope they take the story somewhere interesting it would be nice to see the ghost of Luke with obi wan Yoda and Anikin at the end of it all.
Austin

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2013 07:26 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its quite likely they all have signed on for the $$$ more than anything else.
I wish the Franchise would go away to a galaxy far, far, away and never return!
[Razz]

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2013 07:29 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They will never top the original trilogy.
Austin

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2013 07:43 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly my point -- its all about the $$$ now.
With Hollywood's track record, its highly unlikely what comes out will be an improvement.

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2013 07:55 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All CGI and explosions probably.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2013 09:17 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like we will see a good Wars film. JJ is good and will do it justice. Did you ever get your digest s of the film Austin? If you did'nt keep trying it will be like gold when the 7th film is out. Every body has the Jedi bug.  -

[ April 02, 2013, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Laksmi Breathwaite ]

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2013 09:21 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 200' faded color sound print. Always time to upgrade. [Smile]
Austin

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2013 09:51 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey that's great Austin I had that when it first came out. Here is a picture with me and Mark Hamil at my house we are friends. He wanted me to do art work for a comic he wrote some years ago. Here is a picture of Luke Skywalker and my wife at our home close to Century city near 20th Century Fox studio. That was when I lived in Los Angeles 10 years ago. Before I moved to Las Vegas.  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Austin Holcomb
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2013 09:58 PM      Profile for Austin Holcomb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow what an amazing experience it must have been.
Austin

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 09, 2013 12:54 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi!

That picture is funnier than hell!!!! I love it!!

Laksmi, I'm sending you a PM, please tell me that you recieved it.

OSI

--------------------

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2013 03:30 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi that is beyond cool [Cool] that Mark Hamill has been a guest in your home.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 10, 2013 04:47 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The force is strong in young Laksmi!

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted March 10, 2013 05:54 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
it's just a small point, but didn't the story end with "Jedi".The
original three cast members are getting a bit "long in the tooth" now and maybe a bit past it, perhaps a good title could be
"Star Snores,Pensioners Awake".Lucas is getting desperate I think.

Adam McCreath
Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2013 02:31 PM      Profile for Adam McCreath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I grew up with and love SW; but I've got to say it; especially after the insult of the prequal trilogy....have LOW expectations for these next 3 films....having low expectations usually results in plesant surprises lol

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted March 16, 2013 11:14 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I find it rather sad,that a great film becomes a franchise and thus
cheapens what came before, in that George Lucas is trying
desperately to wring the last cent out of a good idea. George, the
example would be in the lyrics of Floyd's "Dark Side of The Moon " album
"The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say".George,you've told the tale,let it go.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 17, 2013 02:04 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
George Lucas sold up the hole "Star Wars" thing, lock stock and barrel to "Disney" a while ago. Star Wars is old now hat,they really should just leave it at that.

Graham.

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2013 12:23 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NOTHING is confirmed. George Lucas spoke before anything was settled.

Harrison Ford has just released a statement that he hasn't signed on yet but that, "I think it's going to happen. I'm very excitied!"

Carrie Fisher said she was signed and then made some weird and offensive jokes about Leia having Alzheimers. No one believes she is signed on.

Mark Hamill said he is "in talks".

Untill Disney makes an official announcement, it's still all speculation.

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 02, 2013 11:08 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom I can feel the dark force in your words and the plasma flow from you lightsaber is strong. Negotiations amongst the planets is taking place and it is expected good news from the Jedi council will emanate soon. I recommend you leave the Sith dark forces of doubt and join the galactic republic where all things are possible, providing the previous stars are issued with zimmer frames that is.

Happy days!

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 02, 2013 12:57 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BS or not? George Takei (of Star Trek fame) has announced that he would be playing a Jedi Knight...

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted April 02, 2013 02:50 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
It's quickly turning into BBCs "Last of the Summer Wine", these
folks probably won't be there when they actually sort out a date!

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 02, 2013 02:51 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lets hope Billy Dee Williams can make it as he is only 75 years of age. Disney will again work magic as it did for the good old Muppets and in a couple of years CRISWELL PREDICTS we will be watching all the Star Wars leading actors on the big screen which will again be magic.

Hugh.. Always CGI?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 02, 2013 07:32 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that's the fun thing of all of this, a Jedi Knight can be a hundred freakin years old and still kick arse!!

--------------------

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2013 08:28 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Mr. Vader, are you free?..."

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted April 02, 2013 11:18 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
As for Disney working any magic Lee, they might need the help of Harry Potter or a good mortician.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC