8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Curzon Collection (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Curzon Collection
Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2014 07:10 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely little video, thanks for posting the link.

I'm not fully across the curzon collection but I am a key volunteer at a local heritage centre in control of all things technical, running for them their victorian music hall (it was the first every victorian music hall in the south east of england in 1850's), theatre and most importantly their cinema activity... if a home cannot be found for the curzon collection I'm sure we could provide space for the exhibits.

Best.
Rick

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 01, 2014 09:51 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul

Anything yet?, if not I might give them a hurry up as well,.

Graham.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 01, 2014 10:44 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not a thing Graham. Can't believe that they have not come back with some sort of response.
By the way, best of luck with your house repairs, I hope everything goes well for you and your family.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 01, 2014 11:29 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul

We move out this Sunday and just found out they have given the green light and allocated $80.000 to cover the repairs...so its looking good.

Regards Graham.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 21, 2014 07:45 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul

I guess you still have not heard back, just thought I would mention that they do have Facebook, "Curzon Cinema Clevedon" might be worth a look at the photos of the place. However you have to go way back to April 2012 to find anything on film projectors [Frown]

If the present facebook page is anything to go by, it does look like the present owners have little interest in film, or film projectors just the usual video projection and making money, just like any other "ho hum" cinema. [Frown]

Sad really

Graham.

PS. I have just asked them through "facebook" if they still have the film projectors display open to the public.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 22, 2014 01:35 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul

I just got a reply... Quote.

"We have some projectors on display. Many are stored in the Coach house next door. We have plans to move them into the main part of the building so that they are always on display".

Sounds good... handy thing "facebook"...you will to get it [Big Grin]

Graham. [Smile]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 23, 2014 06:59 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that information Graham. Glad to hear that they are not getting rid of all the projector collection. But the presence of Maurice Thornton and Colin Cowles, to give visitors a personal tour through the collection, will be sorely missed.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC