8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Lego Palace Cinema 10232 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Lego Palace Cinema 10232
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 04, 2014 07:58 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check this out on you-tube...its very well done.

http://youtu.be/_5f1RReWoFU

that's if this link works.

Graham. [Cool]

|  IP: Logged

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2014 09:02 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen this kit in the local Lego Store.
I really want it!
Cheers
Terry

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 05, 2014 09:39 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am getting this set soon. My Grandson is going to assemble it during the summer and it will be displayed in my home cinema.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2014 05:10 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic! Thanks for the link!! [Smile]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 16, 2014 02:28 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be great fun to build one....saw it for sale in a local toy shop the other day [Cool]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 16, 2014 07:31 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham,
I picked up my Lego Palace Cinema a few days ago. The Lego store had an assembled model in a show case -its a gorgeous piece that would adorn any home cinema. I intend to install LED lights on mine to illuminate the marquee and posters.
Now my granson has the job of assembling it...... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 16, 2014 08:16 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen it on LEGO website, the design is amazing. One down side is they should let the back side with transparent glass (plastic) so we can see the inside of cinema. With current design everything is covered by wall.

--------------------
Winbert

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 17, 2014 12:59 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul

I am sure your grandson will get a lot of enjoyment putting it together. [Smile]

That's a great idea regarding the use of LEDs [Cool]

Graham. [Smile]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 03, 2014 10:12 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Construction of The Palace Cinema is underway! There are three levels to the cinema. The exterior of the theater consists of the marquee, film advertsisng posters, and a Hollywood 'Walk of Fame'. There are lamp posts and search lights that can easily be adapted to LED lighting. The style has some features of Graumann's Chinese in Hollywood.
The ground floor level is the lobby, ticket counter, and concession area. There is a popcorn machine, soda dispenser, and indoor decorative plants. A stairway leads up to the second level, which is the theater itself. The third level is the projection booth and removeable roof structure.
When completed my plan is to incorporate internal and external LED lighting, and possibly even a sound chip which will play excerpts from Casablanca !

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 03, 2014 09:23 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds great Paul

Any chance of some photos?

Graham [Smile]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 15, 2014 06:04 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Grandson Jacob is making great progress on the Lego Palace Cinema. It is now about 50% assembled:

-
Exterior left view. Marquee not yet assembled.

-
Exterior right view with stars "walk of fame"

-
First floor Lobby ticket counter area

-
First floor Lobby concession area

-
Second floor theater and projection box, screen not yet in place

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 15, 2014 06:23 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's brilliant Paul, he is doing a good job [Smile]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 15, 2014 07:31 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the film to project in that cinema : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgro4fwh0tQ

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 31, 2014 04:05 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Palace Cinema is now complete. It took my Grandson about 8 hours. Here are some final photos. You can see some of the design references to Graumman's Chinese theater. The feature film on the marquee Three Clicks And A Snap is not referenced on the IMDB [Big Grin] . I will probably make my own Marquee display for Casablanca and my own miniature posters of personal favourite movies for the left side of the theater and inside the lobby.
Video tour will be up on YouTube in a couple of weeks.
Next step, LED lighting.

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 01, 2014 01:01 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, congratulate the builder, he deserves it.

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 03, 2014 06:21 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the video review(shortened version, long version later)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVlUqnNHkCE

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 03, 2014 08:00 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul that was very interesting and well done, look forward to seeing your add on extras [Smile]

Graham.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 05, 2014 01:41 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I will have to get one Paul....problem is how do I convince my better half Yvonne to let me buy one [Smile]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 05, 2014 03:34 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The necessary steps are as follows, Graham:

1. Buy it as a gift for your wife, telling her you thought it would look great in the living room.

2. Find some Lego nut to assemble it for you.

3. Place it in the living room for a few days only, so that its forthcoming absence will not be noticed.

4. Retrieve the item at an opportune moment, and place it in your home theater.

Rather a deviant process I grant you, but sometimes draconian measures are necessary to achieve a desired outcome! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 07, 2014 12:27 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank Paul.... I am working on it.
 -

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 19, 2014 03:32 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I am interested to order this from Ebay. But the price (with "buy it now" option) differs very much between the listings. So I wonder if there is different version/features between the boxes.

For example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290864413720

This seller has sold 12 sets for $209 (buy it now)

However:

www.ebay.com/itm/151268615053

This seller has sold several sets for $135 (buy it now).

Is there something different between them?

If they are just the same, why 12 people were willing to pay $209 while on the other seller was very much cheaper. Any explanation?

--------------------
Winbert

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2014 04:59 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, some people are stupid enough to not bother to search properly.
It's being sold for as much as $360 on ebay.

Personally, I've MUCH better uses for the equivalent of even $135 plus $43 post to UK ........ after all it's simply a few bits of plastic!!!!!!!!!! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 19, 2014 11:22 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's like saying Meccano is just a few bits of steel, and we all know that the first computer and artificial heart were both prototyped from Meccano.
Both Lego and Meccano can be used to build some amazing things. Lego has a whole Educational division with teaching programs and kits for schools to learn about simple and complex machines, pneumatics, robotics, and energy. Their Technic product line can be used to make stunning working model cranes and earth moving equipment. With Lego Mindstorm you enter the world of Robotics design and programming. You can construct and program a Lego robot that can solve Rubics cube in its hands, sort blocks by size and color, or simulate the Martian rover vehicle, or design your own robot to do just about anything.
"A few bits of plastic" ?...........Hardly.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2014 01:39 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The kit referred to builds just ONE thing .... the Cinema.
Where's the skill and invention in that? LEGO has lost the plot for the sake of the "mighty dollar" (or pound or euro or whatever).
This kit doesn't do ANY of the things you mention Paul ... it's just a few bits of plastic. Definitely!

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 19, 2014 11:06 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not really into the LEGO things. Only am interested now because the CINEMA theme.

So can you guys confirm here that no matter which price I bought as long as they are still in a sealed box, it would be the same item?

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC