8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » March-April Indi 8 Competition Winner - Joe Taffis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: March-April Indi 8 Competition Winner - Joe Taffis
Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2014 04:36 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first all correct entry drawn was Joe Taffis who wins the £30 CREDIT that was the first prize for my last competition, congratulations.

I'll list the answers below, but I only had 23 entries (all correct by the way!) in total, which is kind of pathetic considering how many collectors log into the various 8mm forums, and it wasn't a particularly hard competition in the first place, anyway here's the answers to the questions:

All you had to do was fill in the missing word or name of 3 actors, once found tell me the film title that links all 3.

1) ---- Palance (Jack)
2) The ----- Drop Kid (Lemon (I did take a slight liberty, his real surname was spelt (Lemmon))
3) ------- Rennie (Michael)
4) Melvyn ------- (Douglas)
5) ---- Seymour (Jane)
6) Bridget ----- (Fonda)

The film that linked all 3 was of course "The China Syndrome"

There you have it, easy peasy, especially with the likes of the i.m.d.b. available to all forum members, so why so few entries, answers on a postcard too........!

Will I do another competition, probably as I'm stupid, I enjoy setting them, perhaps next time I'll go the other way and make the next competition extremely hard, who knows!

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 01, 2014 07:37 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to Joe!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2014 08:33 AM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Barry for doing the competition. It was fun. I wouldn't have made it without the internet though.

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 01, 2014 06:18 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Barry! [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2014 01:44 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Joe and thanks Barry for doing the competition, great fun , Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC