8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Monty Python

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Monty Python
Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2014 04:03 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone going to see the Python Live concert in London (or the live movie theatre broadcast, for that matter)? I'm over here now for it.

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 01, 2014 04:15 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The better half and I are attending this coming Friday night's show.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Phil Slater
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2014 06:54 AM      Profile for Phil Slater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm also going this Friday, but I'm not expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 01, 2014 07:59 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HA! Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

(Although I've spotted the Comfy Chair in a behind-the-scenes featurette...)

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2014 09:01 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, The Spanish Inquisition is definitely expected! I'm going tonight, Wednesday and Thurs.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 03, 2014 12:41 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I certainly hope that they are filming this for an official DVD or Blu-ray release. I'm sure that they have thought of this potential of a wonderful "cash cow" coming forth from this.

Even aging pythons are ten times better than nearly any modern comedian, hands down!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2014 07:03 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's going live at cinemas across the world on the last night, Osi. (20th July)

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 04, 2014 11:30 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just don't visit that cafe round the corner. They only serve spam

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 04, 2014 12:10 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....and vikings.

Jamie Biggs
Junior

- posted July 04, 2014 04:07 PM      Profile for Jamie Biggs   Email Jamie Biggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to the O2 on the 19th, and really am stupidly excited about it!! Know what I mean... Nudge nudge!!

--------------------
Jamie :D

Allan Broadfield
Master Film Handler

- posted July 04, 2014 04:32 PM      Profile for Allan Broadfield   Author's Homepage   Email Allan Broadfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed Python on TV when first televised, but the films didn't do anything for me. Today's revival? Very popular, no doubt about that, but Python is now part of the establishment, so for me,it's lost it's edge. I'll probably buy the DVD, 'cos I understand the lads have bills to pay!

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2014 04:50 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will be good on dvd but the atmosphere from the audience and the party atmosphere before and during may not come across. A complete stranger sitting in front of me went off and brought me back a pint when I told him I had flown from Australia (He had only come from New York).

Phil Slater
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2014 08:38 AM      Profile for Phil Slater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Went last night. Brilliant show! The 'Ann Elk' sketch always cracks me up.

For those of you in the UK who aren't able to go, I believe the last show will be broadcast live on the Gold channel.

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2014 09:16 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the 3rd night, Cleese started laughing before Anne Elk had even started!

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 05, 2014 10:16 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Palin and Cleese got slightly out of characters at the end of the Parrot sketch as well. I liked the "cheese" variation towards the conclusion.
The selection of sketches and songs was great, anything you would expect from a Python show, and the O2 turning into a giant karaoke party for all the sing-along parts was pretty impressive.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 05, 2014 12:10 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh ... I envy you guys.

I bet they were not able to do the "Running of the Upper Class Twits" sketch, but I'm sure they're comedy was still "bang on"!

[Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2014 12:20 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the first night, Cleese was clearly trying to make Palin laugh by creating new cheese names. I was semi-dressed with a mate in knotted hankerchieves and German TV asked to film us!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC