8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Quentin Tarantino Fights for the Survival of Film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quentin Tarantino Fights for the Survival of Film
Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2014 07:02 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After the announcement that Mr. T is going to distribute his up-coming film in 70mm, this comes out:

He is now full owner of an old revered movie theatre, and he will run only 16mm and 35mm. It sounds wonderful, as he apparently has a huge film collection in both formats:

http://www.laweekly.com/publicspectacle/2014/09/05/quentin-tarantino-on-his-new-role-running-the-shows-at-new-beverly-cinema

Now if we could get him to come to CineSea...... [Big Grin]
Seriously, though, very heartwarming news about this theatre and his continuing love for film.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

|  IP: Logged

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2014 07:33 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to see BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS in 35mm and they also had a 3 Stooges short but they also had FANTASTIC VOYAGE in DCP. I was a little surprised but I only wanted to watch BEAST anyway.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 06, 2014 08:16 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not entirely a passing thought, we should try to contact him about CINESEA - I'll see as far as I can go - Shorty

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 06, 2014 09:51 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm definitely going to check out a movie at the New Beverly next time I'm in LA.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted September 06, 2014 01:08 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I clicked the link but didn't read the heading too carefully. When Claus said Mr. T got a movie theatre I thought, "What? Thats what he did with his money from Rocky III and the Wrestlemania?"
Then I realized it was Mr. Tarantino! [Smile]
Well that is awesome news. I use to go the New Beverly when I lived in LA. Next time i go out there I will check it out.
Great news and good for him. And us!

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted September 06, 2014 02:44 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's great news! I was thinking that perhaps he can use his influence to screen a film a 35mm, so I'm glad that he's doing that, and as he says, that could result in other films being available on 35mmins. It's a drop in the ocean compared to how things were but better than nothing!
I hadn't read about the 70mm release so here's a link for anyone that needs one:
http://collider.com/the-hateful-eight-70mm-release/

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC