8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » For Anyone who Doubts that Blu-ray is better than DVD. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: For Anyone who Doubts that Blu-ray is better than DVD.
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 12, 2014 12:46 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CELLULOID FREAKIN RULES!!!!

(ehhh, ignore me, I'm just a backwards ole fuddy duddy!!!) [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 12, 2014 01:12 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Luckily, we all agree with you on that Osi, hence the forum.
Nevertheless the facts are the facts as I was highlighting to Vidar. That's all.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 12, 2014 01:34 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was actually replying to Hourigans post ... He says video do not have the same stutter as film ... I know 24fps isn't fast enough to get it all. But if you check out still frames of digital compare it to film, you should see motion blur on film and "perfect" images on digital. That motion blur, for me, makes it look better. The stutter isn't as hard. But, as I also say, it's not the panning stutter alone ... Objects in digital doesn't move as smooth and I still believe this is due to motion blur and the compression that video uses. Film shows 24fps raw pictures, video does not.

No one can ever talk me into going to the "cinema" again, unless it's a real cinema

If you don't see what I see, I can only say, good for you, but it bugs the hell out of me.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 12, 2014 01:37 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
We are all in the same camp Vidar, that's why we all just love REAL film, warts and all! [Wink]

--------------------

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2014 04:16 PM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
(sigh) -- Vidar, if you read the lead sentence in the second paragraph of my post, you'll see that I reference the video "stutter" issue.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 12, 2014 04:22 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
John.. to me at least, and I know others will include Rob & Paul, your point of view and valid points made, make perfect sense!

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC