8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » "The Judge"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "The Judge"
Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2014 03:31 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw "The Judge" at my local cinema two days ago. There are multiple scenes in the movie where an 8mm projector is showing old home movies.

But here is the important info. John Capazzo informed me that our own forum member Pasquale DAlessio is in the film. Look on the IMDB and, indeed, he is listed in the credits.

Pasquale, did you serve as technical advisor on proper use of the movie projector as well?

--------------------
Guy Taylor

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 29, 2014 06:37 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Going to see it this weekend, so I will be looking for Pat. [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 29, 2014 08:06 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes indeed I am in the film. I am in the court room scenes when Robert Duvall is on trial. I am behind Billy Bob Thornton who is the prosecutor I am a spectator 4th row back. I worked on the film 10 days. The film is terrific. It is bound to win best picture and best actor to Duvall or Downey Jr. The story is excellent.

I am also in The Equalizer with Denzel Washington. I play a store employee. My scene is when Denzel goes in the break room of the store for lunch eh walks right by me. Then there is a close up but only on my side on the left of the screen.

Film at 11!

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2014 09:08 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Pat,
Glad to see you're getting some steady acting jobs! [Smile]
Looks like R.I. is attracting a lot of film makers....

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2014 01:54 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have recently seen both films and I liked them both very much.
In particular I couldn't help watering my eyes during the screening of "The Judge": that was when Duvall crashes the projector onto the floor, the moment the images shown bring back sad memories to him. A very touching moment [Big Grin] ...

--------------------
Maurizio

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 05, 2014 02:27 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, so it's a horror film?

:-)

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2014 09:11 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, it's just me! I'm very sensitive when I see a projector is misdealt with... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Maurizio

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 06, 2014 10:43 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know, that's what makes it a horror film :-)

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2014 07:36 AM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,

Wow, that's super cool. There's a lot of movies shot in Winnipeg and I have been taking acting classes on and off for 2 years now. In fact, I had the opportunity to be an extra on 'Borealis' but couldn't due to scheduling conflicts. I actually played a baddie on a three minute short, the link to which I will post once available. Pasquale, keep up the great work n thanks for having dug this up, Vidar [Smile] !!!

Elyas

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 07, 2014 12:43 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw "The Judge" yesterday Pat and did see you. It's always fun to see someone in a movie you know [Smile] My son was in a National Tide commercial awhile back...he was only on the screen for about 3 seconds... just long enough to say "Look...there he is."

As far as the movie goes...it was terrific. Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall were outstanding. Definitely Oscar performances. I really got excited when the brother with the 8mm film equipment was introduced. I felt a kinship with him immediately. However, I kind of wonder why the writer chose this hobby for a mentally challenged character. [Roll Eyes] [Smile] [Razz]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2014 12:52 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second that, Janice. Hope y'all have a great weekend [Smile] !!!

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 11, 2014 07:14 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me in the Judge> This is a capture from the trailer.

-

And The Equalizer> that's Denzel Washington walking by me.

-

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2014 06:34 AM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Pasquale,

thanks so much for sharing this, that way, I get to say 'I know that actor!!!' to my friends when we're watching the movies [Smile] !!!

Elyas

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 12, 2014 10:35 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope I will be able to see both films (sometimes you have to wait several months after the US release).

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC