8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » DFS Picture (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: DFS Picture
Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2015 08:42 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it is opposite the Dudley ASDA, ex-site of the Julia Hanson brewery - no wonder Wolverhampton & Dudley breweries Ltd took on the Marstons name when they bought that company, as they had no Dudley brewery

|  IP: Logged

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 05, 2015 03:32 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and here is the picture taken yesterday, some light cloud had come over just before I took it otherwise it was a sunny day in the West Midlands.
 -

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2015 05:44 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Almost the same today (I haven't downloaded a picture yet) only change is that it is now for sale by a different estate agent. I have their reference number and will look it up on line tomorrow. There isn't much happening that end of the High Street except for the ASDA opposite on the site of the old brewery, lots of empty shops.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 17, 2015 06:44 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I only know about Derann from what I've read in this forum. They closed just as I was getting into the hobby. I really feel I missed out on a lot of good films and fun.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 17, 2015 11:44 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
They were the very epitome of this hobby for many Janice.
I doubt I would be in this hobby now had it not have been for all their activity within the 80's to 2005 period.

Their later releases and the catalogue in general was something you could have only ever dreamed of in my growing up days.

How I wish I'd taken full advantage at the time they were here!

Still, I'm doing my best to make up for lost time now I suppose. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2015 06:18 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update from Facebook on Ged Jones of Derann can't find dedicated thread :-

Ernest Marsh
December 17 at 11:56pm

Had a chat with Ged Jones from his hospital bed and although he is improving he will not be home before Christmas. He sends Seasons Greetings to everyone for Christmas & the New Year. Also my best wishes to everyone for Christmas and 2016.

Also update on the shop site from the agent selling it they describe it as :-
Freehold £399,950
Reduced from an asking price of £450,000
Town Centre Development Site
Planning permission granted
20 flats and 3 retail units
Planing ref. P12/0974
25% to be affordable housing. Energy Rating C

I am assuming that this includes the entire car parking area to the side of the shop.

[ December 18, 2015, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: Brian Fretwell ]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC